This course is designed to address the management and leadership issues facing people throughout their careers from their first management steps until they are in senior management positions.
- Develop strategies to recruit and retain the best possible people for your team
- Explore communication strategies, barriers to communication and relationship building to increase your effectiveness working with other
- Explore emotional intelligence research and experience validating its importance as a critical factor in personal and business success
- Discover effective techniques to reconcile your personal work objectives and those of your team, manage appraisal interviews and effectively coach, counsel and mentor
- Learn how to take responsibility for your own personal development, and negotiate learning and development plans for you and your team
- Explore the changing characteristics of today’s workforce and understand how to engage employees effectively
- Discover how to create and maintain an environment that supports and nurtures high performing teams, through effective communication, motivation, conflict resolution and leadership.
Who Must Attend
Day 1: 9.00am - 5.o0pm
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION – KNOWING YOURSELF
The ability to self-reflect is a crucial one in getting ahead in the business of management. We will explore the art of ‘self-management’ and learn how to maintain energy, enthusiasm and vigour in a challenging management role that ensures a successful management career.
At the end of this session you should be able to:
- Know the type of leader you are so that you can lead better when facing the many different types of subordinates and clients
- Evaluate current and future requirements of your work role and that of the team, taking into account the vision and objectives of your organisation
- Consider your values and your career/personal goals and identify information which is relevant to your work role and professional development
- Agree a development plan to address any identified gaps in your current knowledge, understanding and skills
- Learn how to get regular and useful feedback from those who are in a good position to judge it
MODULE 2: THE IMPACT OF EMOTIONAL INTELIGENCE (EI) – WHY WE NEED MORE THAN JUST HIGH IQ IN TODAY’S FAST-PACE WORK ENVIRONMENT - with Neuro-Linguistics Programming (NLP).
Taken from the standpoint of NLP, understanding how emotional intelligence works for you makes a measurable difference to your productivity as a manager as it is related to many contemporary workplace variables, including: productivity and performance, interpersonal relationship, leadership capability, influencing power, sales performance, teamwork, customer service excellence and job satisfaction.
To sum up, NLP is a modelling system of the excellence. The best practices in the world, as we can cal in the business terms.
In this module, you will learn about:
Developing High Self-Awareness
- Why high self-awareness is the basic building block of EI
- Self-awareness considerations: Self-regard; assertiveness; independence; empathy; social responsibility; stress tolerance; impulse control; flexibility; problem-solving; optimism, happiness and resilience
- Leadership and Dimensions Of Empowerment
Developing Effective Communication Skills
- Assertiveness / Active listening / Appropriate questioning techniques
- Constructive feedback
Better Management Through Emotional Intelligence (EI) Awareness
- Code of Honour in your team attributes
- Key factors to have a competent team
- Traditional supervision vs. team leading in the emotionally-intelligent organisation
MODULE 3: Managerial Leadership
What are the changing characteristics of the workforce today and how do we engage employees in this environment? An exploration of this topic will help you to:
- Understand psychological vs. employment contracts
- Consider diversity, equality and generational influences (How Baby Boomer, Gen X, Gen Y behave, react and think at work)
- Lead through empowerment
- Understand situational leadership models
Day 2- 9:00am - 5:00pm
MODULE 4: Effective Communication – Why so many fail if it’s Just 'Common Sense'?
Regardless of dealing with individuals in your team, your superior, your colleagues or your clients, your ability to effectively communicate is critical to your success. So, really, it’s not just “common sense”!
Say yes! We can learn to be better communicators. Let's explore the sensitivity and appropriate expression of emotion in communication, including discussions on:
- Self-awareness (Are you aware or are you ignorant?)
- Assertiveness (How to be firm and yet diplomatic)
- Active listening (Why people always say I never listen to them?)
- Appropriate questioning techniques (How to ask the right questions to elicit the responses you want?)
- Constructive feedback (How to critique tactfully and not hurt others?)
- Skills for effective persuasion and influence
- Building relationships through trust and integrity
- Leading and participating in effective meetings
MODULE 5: Performance Management
Performance management is an integrated system of policies, procedures and interventions used to better the performance of individuals and teams. How does performance management affect you as a manager? It is one of your most important tasks.
In this session, you will get an overview of how to manage work performance. You will learn to:
- Understand the aims and objectives of performance management systems
- Develop performance goals
- Manage staff appraisal interviews
- Negotiate a learning and development plan
- Support individuals in identifying their abilities and needs
Establish with the individuals:
- The areas where they want to develop their performance
- The standard of performance they wish to achieve
- The support they can expect from you and the commitment you expect from them
- The timescale of the process
- Effectively coach, counsel and mentor
- Building a high performing team
MODULE 6: Problem Solving and Decision Making
We're all valued based on the problems that we can solve. In other words, that means you’re worth as much as the kinds and size of problem you can solve for your organisation based on have. In this module, you will improve your problem-solving abilities by understanding better the process or the flow of the mind in solving problems.
Given the case, this module will cover the most pertinent topics including:
- How to be aware of the issue
- Looking for the root cause
- Information gathering
- Generating solutions
- Choosing the solution
- Implementation planning and taking action
- Evaluation of the result
Summary, Review and Action Planning
This final session will provide an opportunity to consolidate learning and to plan for managerial “wisdom”. You will work together with the other delegates to review the tools, competencies and beliefs we have covered to enable you to integrate them into your professional life through the development of a specific action plan for implementation.
Interactive presentation, case study, real-life simulations and presentations.
Please contact us for the selection of experienced speakers to match your organisation's needs
We should have a tough mind. The skills of analyzing and planning. The trainer was great and professional”–Walid Baccar, Regional Sales Manager, Shaker Group- Saudi
“I learned how to solve problems more effectively”–Mohydine Ramadan, Sales Manager, Shaker Group- - #1 LG distributor in Kingdom Saudi Arabia
“I learned to look at things from different perspectives”– Tarek Koujou, Sales Manager, Shaker Group - #1 LG distributor in Kingdom Saudi Arabia
“Teamwork is very important. The training was great” –Marwan Bushnak, Head of Sales Manager-Eastern Region, Shaker Group, Saudi.
“Thank you for the training, Vince. The Value game in the EQ session opens up my staff for better management of their work and relationship. I’m happy they gained so much from your session.” General Manager, Shield Glove Sdn Bhd.
“The trainer is so willing to share. I especially loved –People see your behavior, not your intention! I would highly recommend this training to everyone for better working environment, happier staff and better results.” Senior Project Manager, DHL Asia Pacific IT Services.
Available for In house arrangements
Please click REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL and QUOTATION HERE to get a proposal today.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of GST, Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.