This IT Project Management course is specially tailored for the all the managers and executives involved in IT projects who need to acquire competent skills in using MS Project software to manage, control and document the project progress.
We know that organizations initiate projects from creating new computer applications, erecting buildings, improving processes, developing new products, or reorganizing company operations. However, we do get appointed to manage the projects even with limited knowledge. To make sure the projects take flight smoothly, this crashed course is designed to empower project management practitioners with fundamentals project management knowledge. You will be walked-through the essential processes in leading a project to successful.
- Aware the purpose of a project and project management
- Determine the end-to-end processes in managing a project
- Identify benefits of key techniques in each process
- Understand the key elements to deliver a project successfully
- Increase project success rate from accumulated experience
Who Must Attend
- Anyone new to project management (IT or Non-IT professionals)
- Individuals want to learn more on project management
- Department heads and project leads are benefit from the fundamental project management knowledge
DURING THE COURSE:
Delegates are encouraged to bring:
ii) Existing project management related questions for discussion
- Defining a project
- Defining project management
- Understanding what it takes to be a project manager
- Understanding the seven principles of effective project management methodology
- The key processes of project management
- Traditional vs. agile project management
- Exploring project management software options
- Assembling a project management team
- Writing a problem statement
- Defining project goals and objectives
- Choosing a project approach
- Understanding deliverables and acceptance criteria
- Identifying assumptions and understanding risks
- Creating a scope statement
- Identifying stakeholders
- Crafting a business case
- Obtaining approval
- Understanding product breakdown structure
- Identifying work breakdown structure
- Defining work packages
- Identifying resources
- Building a project budget
- Identifying risks
- Creating a risk management strategy
- Setting up a quality management strategy
- Developing a configuration management strategy
- Setting up a communication management strategy
- Building a project schedule
- Creating dependencies between tasks
- Understanding work, duration, and units
- Using milestones
- Making a realistic schedule
- Understanding the critical path
- Understanding the critical chain method
- Shortening a schedule
- Executing a project
- Understanding team dynamics
- Management team resources
- Evaluating progress
- Reporting on progress
- Understanding financial measures
- Running meetings effectively
- Getting a project back on track
- Managing change, risk, and quality
- Reviewing project viability against its business case
- Updating business case
- Revising project plan
- Recommending go or no-go
- Planning for regular and premature project closure
- Handing over deliverables and gaining customer acceptance
- Documenting lessons learned
- Evaluating project performance
- Closing contracts and accounts
- Preparing an end-project report and archiving
Interactive presentation, real-life simulations.
Mr CT, Tai has extensive experience in software development and projects management. His expertise are on helping clients leverage on MS Excel and Visual Basic Application (VBA) to automate key tasks and improve their productivity as well as MS Access development and enhancement.
He also is currently a guest lecturer at Taylors University, Malaysia, teaching Software Engineering, Unified Modelling Language (UML) modelling and Data Mining subjects. He has served a few multinational corporations at senior manager position.
"Thanks for the tips on using this Project Management software. It helps me to get my tasks done so much faster and more efficient."Sapura Kencana
"Mr Choo is a very friendly, helpful and passionate trainer. I especially like the PM fundamentals session because it relates to my work so much,"Petronas
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of GST, Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.