Most managers are educated and trained for their functions, not for finance. Yet every manager is expected to understand finances well enough to make realistic budgets, manage cash, and hit his or her targets. This workshop will provide you with the skills and tools to do this, with the aim of achieving your organization’s overall goals.
Who Must Attend
Managing Directors/ CEO,Accountants, Financial Controllers,Accounts/ Finance Managers/ Executives,Administration Managers/ Executives,Personnel Managers/ Executives,HR Managers/ Executives,Entrepreneurs
- Understanding what cash flow is (i.e. operating cash flow/investing cash flow/financing cash flow)
- Understanding Accounting Terms: Profit, Revenue, Expenses, Expenditures, Cash flows
- Difference between cash flow and profit/loss
- Why ‘Turnover’ is an illusion and ‘Cash’ is real
- How to read and interpret the Cash Flow Statement in corporate reporting
- Understand the ‘Cash Flow Cycle’
- Sources of Cash and Funding
- Understand ‘Treasury Management’
- Ideal strategy for cash flow for business i.e “accelerate the collection of remittances and improve control of disbursement” policy and how to achieve it
- Planning cash flow for seasonal business
- How to manage during periods of ‘negative cash flows’
- Other options for better cash flows
- What are budgets and the objective for Cash
- Understanding Capital vs Operating Expenditure
- Preparing an Effective Cash Budget
- How to formulate assumptions and the basis for cash budgets
- Quick introductions financial statements (i.e: Profit /Loss statement and Balance Sheet.)
- Ratio analysis
- How to read and interpret the financial statement (What is the story behind the figures?)
- Learning and defining profitability, liquidity, working capital management and investment ratios
- Learning how each category of ratios is inter-related and interpretation of them and assessing the financial health of a company.
(i.e. Is this company worth the value is says? Is the company hiding the real financial situation? Is this company worth investing in? Is this company suffering from financial crisis and going doldrums?)
This workshop’s methodology is a combination of expert input, interactive practical exercises, lots of hands-on role-play, group discussions, sample of real financial statements of existing company's case studies, practical projects, and group presentations.
EITHER OF THESE COURSE LEADERS WILL CONDUCT THE WORKSHOP
Mr CW TAN
Fellows Member of Chartered Management Accountant - FCMA (UK)
Chartered Accountant (Malaysia)- CA (M’sia)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
Competent Toastmaster (CTM)
Mr Tan is a Senior Member (FCMA) of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CIMA and a member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants, MIA since December 1992. He has been a Council Member of the CIMA Malaysia Divisional Council since 1998 until the Divisional Council dissolved in May 2012. Tan is also a duly certified Competent Toastmaster of Toastmaster International.
Tan has had a long and distinguished career as a Management Accountant in a number of well-known Malaysian and International Companies. He started his career in Finance as an Auditor. In 2000, he joined KNM Berhad as Group Financial Controller and played a pivotal role in KNM’s listing submission. In December 2005, Tan returned to his hometown, Melaka and worked for Coats Thread (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. as Finance Manager and retired in March 2012 to form WFP.
As the pioneer CIMA Global Membership Assessor from Malaysia, Tan is actively involved in giving talks and doing workshops for potential members who wanted to apply for CIMA membership locally as well as in Singapore and has conducted in house training as well as public training programmes on Finance both locally as well as in Cambodia. With the expansion of more overseasGlobal Membership Assessor, Tan is now a Mentor for two new Assessorsin Malaysia.
All in, Tan has more than twenty-three years of hands-on experience in different areas of management and functions in diverse industries such as in auditing, printing, construction, manufacturing, consultancy, engineering and trading. Other than the Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Corporate Finance and Credit Control, some of the other functions include: general management, business development, business strategic planning, performance improvement, quality assurance, human resource management, information technology and management, budgeting and strategic cost management. Tan is also a certified trainer under PMSB, Malaysia. (Certificate No. TTT/6518).
To book Mr Tan for speaking, training or consultancy engagements, please contact us at info@iTrainingExpert.com or +603 8074 9056.
Mr. YUNG comes with 37 years of working experience in auditing, financial accounting, treasury functions, administration, general management , lecturing and corporate training. He started his career in a big four audit firm as an articled student and graduated as an accountant. Thereafter, he assumed positions of Accountant, Finance and Administration Manager, General Manager and Executive Director in various business sectors, including financial, retailing, distribution, healthcare and multi-level marketing.
He is a member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Malaysian Institute of Accountants and is also a Certified Professional Trainer accredited by the International Professional Managers Association, UK.
He specialises in training Financial and Accounting topics such as Finance for Non Finance Managers, Interpreting Financial Statements, Financial Ratio Analysis, Costing and Budgeting. He trains in both English and Mandarin.
The training the topics that he has conducted include
· Budgetary Control/ Budgeting For Effective Planning
· Finance for Non - Finance Personnel
· MiCPA Audit Guide for Practitioners
· Practical Auditing/ Basic auditing techniques
· Analytical Procedures
· Management planning and team dynamics programme
· Practical Accounting Skills/Preparing Full set of financial statements
· Risk and Control : two sides of a coin
· Effective Internal Controls – The Right Way to Manage Risks
· Planning an audit of financial statements
· Understanding the audit process
He is also a versatile, enthusiastic and lively trainer and has trained for various accounting associations, training and event organisers, multi-national and local companies. Mr Yung's unique training method of story-telling makes a dry and 'difficult to understand' subject into something that is easy to understand and easy to catch. At the end of every training, the delegates are always feel more confident, satisfied and happy that they understand figures and numbers easily.
Yung also sat on the board of a public listed company as independent non-executive director (A.C.E). Yung is also iTrainingExpert.com's associate trainer specialising in Finance and Accounting. For any consultancy, speaking or training engagements, feel free to contact him at info@iTrainingExpert.com.
“I had very little knowledge on how to read financial statement before attending this course and am happy to say that I now understand a lot more about finances after attending this course. I felt the trainer gave us a very clear explanation about accounting.” – Manita Mansor, Sapura Industrial Bhd.
“From this course, I learned so much on Budget, finance terms, decision making on viability of investment / project” – Nina Azuraine Mat Noor, Tech Manager, NASMECH Technology Sdn Bhd.
“Before this course, I did not feel confident in elaborating financial statements. After attending however, I feel like I’ve gained the ability to read financial statements accurately and understand the precise information related in them. I do however feel that the trainer needs to use case examples during his training and stick to the core subject without spending too much time deviating from the topic.” – Sharifah, Manager, Setia. Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
“This is a great course to learn how to read financial statements” - Associate, Iskandar Investment Bhd.
"After the course, I am clearer on how to prepare budget. I would like to join Taxation and Investment related course for my next training.” – Professor, Asia E University
“The Planning and Budgeting trainer is a knowledgeable and friendly trainer who is able to deliver the training clearly. After the course, I found that the fundamental accounting and finance knowledge is key to prepare proper departmental budget. I would like to join financial calculation and statistics using Microsoft Excel to enrich myself.” – Assistant Manager, Asia E University
“After attended the course, I am more confident in preparing a proper budget for my business unit. The area of trainings that I like the most is discussion on real cases. Mr. Tan, my trainer, is knowledgeable in Budgeting area.” – Senior Manager, Asia E University
“This course is suitable for those who are doing their organization’s budgeting. I learned a lot of useful points on budgeting during this course.” - Senior Manager, Asia E University
“From this course, I learned about the budgeting concept and principles.” - Asia E University
“I was satisfied with this Planning and Budgeting training. The trainer, Mr. Tan was able to answer all my questions with relevant illustrations. Now, I am confident in presenting budgeting plan during discussions with my colleagues and superiors.” – Senior Manager, Asia E University
“The trainer is well-verse on the subject-matter. He was able to generate good participation during the training.” - Senior Manager, Asia E University
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of GST, Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.