Meet the challenge of writing business correspondence. This seminar will give you the skills you need to write and edit all types of documents and win the confidence of your superior, colleagues and customers.
- Do you want to feel comfortable when you're giving writing report, proposals and emails by your superior?
- Do you sometimes stare down the blank page wondering how to churn out a great report fit for the management?
- Do you want to brush up your grammar to ensure that your emails and reports are error free?
- Do you have the right tone for your different business correspondence?
- Do you want to communicate more effectively with your audience and develop your ability to write more persuasive and reader-focused documents.
If you answers are a resounding 'YES', now gain the skills and techniques you need to write and edit all types of documents and win the confidence of your boss right in this practical seminar.
How you write and what you write can greatly influence and motivate your target audience and the power of your effective writing skills contribute significantly to organisational productivity, efficiency and profitability in today’s rapidly changing business world.
We'll see you in this intensive course exclusively designed for today's business environment.
This two day course will provide you with the high level skills necessary to communicate more effectively with your audience. and gain a competitive advantage and develop your ability to write more persuasive and reader-focused documents.
- Easily organize and structure emails, minutes, reports and procedures clearly
- Confidently write using appropriate style and tone
- Effectively write emails with impact and get quicker response
- Clearly understand the art of business writing and how to produce results with the power of 'words'
- Effectively write for any occasions
- Conveniently learn to save time through proven tricks of the trade
- Quickly master the principles of good grammar and punctuation
Who Must Attend
This course is designed to boost administrative professionals develop top-notch writing skills to increase their efficiency and to support their organisations more effectively.
It is especially suitable for administrative managers, executives and managers who would like to enhance their professional writing skills for business.
DAY 1: 9.00am – 5.00pm
LATEST BUSINESS WRITING FORMAT & TREND THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The 3 golden rules of effective writing
- Understand Today's Reader
- Adopting the ABC of Business Letters - Active, Brief & Concise
- Adopting latest business writing format –Fully Blocked Style - Layout
- Structuring A Business Letter – 4 Step Plan
UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENT INTENTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Enquiry & Replies
- Collection Letters or chasing for something
- Complaint & Reply to Complaints
- Handle Criticism on black and white
WINNING ON PAPER—STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
- Vary Your Sentence Length and Structure
- Subordinate Secondary Ideas
- Highlight Key Ideas
- Design Your Page Effectively
- Gain Recognition through Your Writing
CHOOSE THE RIGHT TONE THAT PRODUCES THE INTENDED RESULTS
- Writing to Superior
- Writing to Peers
Writing to Customers
DAY 2: 9.00am – 5.00pm
USE SIMPLE, CLEAR AND CONCISE LANGUAGE – GET RID OF OLD-FASHIONED AND WRONGLY USED LANGUAGE
- Revisit the common old-fashioned expressions in your emails & rewrite in plain simple English
- Go straight to the point to cut reading time
- Use compelling words to excite readers
- Use active verbs instead of passive verbs to create momentum
MASTERING GRAMMAR IN WRITTEN ENGLISH IN REPORTS, EMAILS & LETTERS GRAMMAR-
PARTS OF SPEECH THAT YOU HAVE TO KNOW
- Verbs (Tenses) Simple vs Perfect Tenses and when to use them
- Passive Voice vs Active Voice
- Subject Verb Agreement-
- Common Errors in Grammar to Avoid
- Major problems in sentence structures that you didn't realise (e.g. non-parallel sentences, run-on sentences, sentence fragments, misplaced modifier and etc)
EDIT, REWRITE AND REFINE FOR CLARITY
- Spot of mistakes in tone
- Check for appropriate content
- Proof read grammar before you send the document.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER – ASSESSMENT
- Apply Time Management Techniques to Writing
- Create a Style Manual for Your Office
- Final assessment on several functional reports/ email and business correspondence.
- Feedback on what participants have learnt and how the skills can be applied at their workplace
Interactive presentation, sample good reports and emails and lots of practical exercises
Mrs M. Reids former British Diplomat’s wife with over 18 years of experience in a wide range of language based training in many countries particularly England, Islamabad, Budapest and Malaysia. Following her decision to make Malaysia her second home, she has been residing and working in Malaysia with her family for 6 years.
Marinella holds a Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Language (CELTA), at the British Council Kuala Lumpur and a BA Hons in French and Italian from Bedford College, London University 1974/1978.
Other professional qualifications include –
IH One-to-One Business Methodology Course (International House, Budapest 2001)
FCTBE Business English Diploma (International House, Budapest 2001)
Marinella has vast experience in training locally gives her the competitive edge in understanding the needs of the participants. Her participants come from many different industries from Oil & Gas, TV stations, banks, Advertising, Heavy Equipment, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Electronics and IT.
Marinella now trains for The English Expert group conducting courses in a range of English languages, Technical & Business writing, presentation & public speaking, IELTS & TOEFL exam preparation trainings. Her trainings are very effective, interactive and enjoyable. She always receives rave reviews from the past participants for her ability to generate interest and motivate participants to improve their language skills.
MR S. MUHS, Canadian
- Canadian Institute for English Certificate in TESOL
- BA Language Studies (Bridgewater University)
- M Ed Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Concordia University)
Before beginning his training career, Steve worked for one of the oldest and most established brokerage houses in Canada. His role within the company was that of regulatory compliance and education.
Steve is an enthusiastic and dedicated trainer who operates an active classroom and always keeps his course participants amused and challenged. He thrives on challenges and is always looking for ways to make his training better.
With over 14 years of public speaking experience, Steve has a very acute understanding of what is required in order to get ideas across clearly and in an engaging manner. He regularly participates in workshops and training sessions, often giving presentations to upwards of 2000 participants.
Steve is an excellent communicator and has enjoyed working with a variety of companies throughout Asia, designing and facilitating courses that have cooperatively met their objectives. His areas of training include:
- Cultural Awareness & Intelligence
- Cross Cultural Communication Skills Development
- Accent Reduction & Neutralization
- Language Teacher Training
- Public Speaking
- Assertive Communication Skills
To book Steve, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 8082 3707
"Very useful and practical course. Thanks a lot!” Norhartini, Bank Negara Malaysia.
“This course should be in 3 days because it’s so interesting and so much to pick up. The most valuable lesson that I picked up was the right way to write email and report writing” – Mohd Sarudin, Head of Department, MMC
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of GST, Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.