- Improved Organization's Business Performance
- Heighten Your Skills to the Expert Level
- Gain greater effectiveness at the negotiating table, especially when confronting challenges such as hard bargainers
- Craft deals that create maximum value for all parties on a sustainable basis (Win-Win Negotiation)
- Strategize to influence in two-party and multi-party negotiation
Who Must Attend
- Chief executive officers
- General managers
- Board members and chairs
- Business development executives
- Corporate counsels
- What is Negotiauction?
- Psychometric Analysis “Where are you as a Negotiator?”
- Understanding the Four-Stage Process of Strategic Negotiation
- Communicating Complex Facts and Technical Ideas
- How Influence, Persuasion and Power Work
- Persuasive Language Patterns – getting what you want by asking
- Logical and Sensible Sequencing to Persuade
- Reframing Ideas and Concepts to Engage and Motivate
- Preparing a Strong BATNA to Increase Power
- Techniques for Impact and Influence
- Assessing Yours and Your Partner’s Styles and Strategies
- Mental Map of Your Negotiating Partner
- Build Relationships to Sustain Long Term Goals and Strategies
- Subtle Connection to Influence
- Anchor to Preferred Mental State
- Develop the Stamina to Persevere
- Talk Your Way Out of Difficult Situations
- Apply a Six-Step Process to Negotiating Conflict
- Influence Through the Other Person’s Strategy
- Achieve Openness
- Recognize tactics applied by Counterparts
- Counter dirty tricks applied by opponents
- Apply Convincing Strategies
- Understand Win–Win: Positional vs Principled Negotiations
- Understand the Four Step Process Toward Win-Win
- Keep Emotion At Bay
- Prevent Provocation In Either Direction
- Sustain Influence And Avoid Resistance - Leverage Your Strengths And Value Skills
- Be In Control Of Every Word
- Break Away From Tradition – Where Eagles Dare
- Use Your Intuition As Well As Your Head
- Risks And Caution
- Process Of Making Business Deals Across Cultures
- Components Of Culturally Different Communication Styles
- Whorf Hypothesis: 'Language Determines The Nature Of Culture'
- Country Differences In High-Context and Low-Context Communication
- Using Interpreters
BARRAK ADAMS (Dr)
Phd, Author-Trainer-Business & Technical Consultant, Trade Negotiator, Change Agent
Barrak specialises in training leaders world class negotiations around the Globe. He has been actively developing customised trainings and conducted them in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, the UAE, Sudan, Mauritania and Turkmenistan.
Senior Negotiator, Lead trainer, he has a clear and comprehensive understanding of what competencies are to be developed to be a successful negotiation. His abundant knowledge and experience addresses every situation in our fast pace business world and everyone is guaranteed to take home valuable learnings useful for their next deal.
Barrak comes to you with more than 40 years of enriched, result-oriented experience in many positions among SMEs, government agencies, multinational and businesses.
Equipped with solid experience and a wide range of state-of-art resources and latest development, his training programs are geared towards competency development.
With only the minimum amount of necessary theory (he says the participants can read his notes later) his training/ speaking sessions are filled with mindset, behavioural and capability change activities. There is always excitement, A-Hah moments in every session at his programs.
Barrak had worked with the Audio-Visual, Automotive, Printing, Property Development, Construction, Timber and Food industries, in capacities ranging from Group Engineer, Manager, Plant Manager, Senior Negotiator, Project Director and Managing Director.
Being a Management Consultant, Management System Auditor, Trainer and Counselor, he had consulted for an even wider range of industries that includes Medical services, Financial institutions, Petroleum industries, Metal, Plastics, Cellulose and Electronic components manufacturers, and the Civil service around the world.
He graduated in Engineering from the Singapore Polytechnic in 1973 and continued with post graduate and continuing studies in Engineering, Social Science, Rubber and Plastics Technology, Training and Development, Radiation Protection, and Quality Management, with a PhD in Organizational Management from Iowa State (US).
Since 2004, he has since been training and consulting for organizations such as PETRONAS, the National Electricity Board, the National Bank, various government ministries and agencies including Parliament House, and large corporations, further to training in Mauritania, Turkmenistan, Abu Dhabi, Sudan, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Australia.
Currently, he is a senior resource faculty member for iTrainingExpert.com, continuously design and conduct customised trainings and consultancy for multi-national companies around the world.
As an author, he has recently published his second book via Seaburn Publishing, New York, titled ‘Pre-Emptive Thinking – Managing Problems and Threats,’ that identifies why organizations continue to have problems at their middle management and operational levels in spite of all the systems and what has to be done to resolve this. Being the first book on this thinking, its reviewers expect it to have an international impact similar to creative and critical thinking. He is now writing his third book on Insights of International Strategic Negotiation.
To contact Barrak, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 8074 9056.
This training has been running worldwide the the Oil & Gas industry since 2003
- “Good And Very Insightful Contents. Plenty Of Case Studies And Practical Exercises Which Help Enhance Understanding. Overall, A Very Good Course Conducted And Presented By The Trainer”
- “Very useful and stimulates our negotiation skills, explores our weaknesses and strengths in dealing with others “
- “I believe that every PETRONAS staff should attend this course to at least have a basic understanding of how negotiation is conducted correctly because the truth is whether we realize or not, working in a multinational company we practice negotiation on a day to day basis”
- “Insightful and impactful learning experience, well-complemented with practical real-life examples and thrilling and engaging case studies”
More testimonies from past participants
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of GST, Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.