“It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
Today’s more and more outstanding organisations acknowlege that critical thinking and creative solution to problems are key success factors to the business. You are paid according to the capacity of 'problems' you can solve for your clients. Thus, having the ability to thinking in a variety of styles and think of creative solutions determines your value in the market.
Because we ourselves are excellent problem solvers, we can help.
In this Critical, Creative Thinking and Problem Solving course, you sharpen your skills as a critical thinker and problem solver. You learn to leverage your personal thinking preferences using tools and techniques based latest thinking. Successful organizations recognize that critical thinking and creative solutions to problems significantly enhance business potential.
- Avoid attitudes that hinder problem solving and adopt those that increase your chances of success
- Explore and define the problem systematically by viewing it from different angles and search for root causes
- Methodically generate ideas and use visual techniques to organise them into meaningful logical categories
- Use a number of established problem solving techniques to search for solutions by maximising idea generation, participation and creativity
- Make qualitative decisions by evaluating various aspects of potential solutions using a systematic method
- Plan to implement your solution by scheduling, analysing critical parts of the plan, managing resources and carrying out a requirements analysis
- Use problem solving techniques to address issues as a group
Who Must Attend
Groups of Professionals, Managers including Engineers and Technical Personnel who want breakthrough in their creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Thinking, Skills, Knowledge, Experience (TSKE)
- Tools, Tactics, Techniques (3Ts)
- Methods, Modes, Means (3Ms)
- Communications, Styles, Interactions (CSI)
- The Neurological Pathways – Thinking Outside the Box
- Instinct and Intuition Development
- Connecting the Dots for Creativity
- Fresh Outlook and New Ideas Techniques
- Incubating for Creative Potential
- Practicing Creativity - Gardner’s Intelligences
- Dissecting the Chips for Criticality
- Activity Breakdown and Resultant Analysis
- “What Can Happen?” Breakdown
- Flow Chart Visualization
- Circle of Core, Secondary and Peripheral Knowledge
- Experience is Not Proportional to Time - Quickening Experience Growth
- Data Collection, Stem and Leaf Plot, Running Records – High Speed Techniques for Process Monitoring and Data Analysis
- Pareto Analysis – When to Use; Regrouping Techniques
- Cause and Effect Analysis – Classification Definition and Challenges
- Scatter Diagrams – Process Parameter Relationships
- Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle
o Plan – Why, What and How to Plan
o Do – What and How to Implement, Follow-up, Record and Document;
o Check – What, How, When and Where to Check; Result vs. Goal
o Act – How to Standardise, Communicate, Train and Monitor
- Brainstorming – What to Do and Not to Do; Who to Invite and How to Control
- Options, Choices and Constraints
- Managing the Influence of Personal Experience
- Qualitative and Quantitative Decision Making
- Priorities, Risks and Decisions
Barrak Adam (Dr)
Phd, Author-Trainer-Business & Technical Consultant, Trade Negotiator, Change Agent
Barrak is a highly qualified Senior Consultant and Lead trainer who has a clear and comprehensive understanding of what competencies are to be developed, quickly realizes the needs and preferences of the clients, and rolls out a progression of effective fun learning activities that cumulatively build the desired abilities to achieve the program objectives. His abundant knowledge and experience addresses every situation in our fast pace business world and everyone is guaranteed to grab some useful takeaways.
Barrak comes to you with more than 40 years of enriched, result-oriented experience in many positions among SMEs, government agencies, multinational and businesses. Equipped with solid experience and a wide range of state-of-art resources and latest development, his training programs are geared towards competency development.
With only the minimum amount of necessary theory (he says the participants can read his notes later) his training/ speaking sessions are filled with mindset, behavioural and capability change activities. There is always excitement, A-Hah moments in every session at his programs.
Barrak had worked with the Audio-Visual, Automotive, Printing, Property Development, Construction, Timber and Food industries, in capacities ranging from Group Engineer, Manager, Plant Manager, Senior Negotiator, Project Director and Managing Director.
Being a Management Consultant, Management System Auditor, Trainer and Counselor, he had consulted for an even wider range of industries that includes Medical services, Financial institutions, Petroleum industries, Metal, Plastics, Cellulose and Electronic components manufacturers, and the Civil service around the world.
He graduated in Engineering from the Singapore Polytechnic in 1973 and continued with post graduate and continuing studies in Engineering, Social Science, Rubber and Plastics Technology, Training and Development, Radiation Protection, and Quality Management, with a PhD in Organizational Management from Iowa State (US).
He has since been training and consulting for organizations such as PETRONAS, the National Electricity Board, the National Bank, various government ministries and agencies including Parliament House, and large corporations, further to training in Mauritania, Turkmenistan, Abu Dhabi, Sudan, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Australia.
Currently, he is a senior resource faculty member for iTrainingExpert.com, continuously design and conduct customised trainings and consultancy for multi-national companies around the world.
To contact Barrak, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call +603 8074 9056.
Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Wolverhampton, UK
Diploma in International Advertising (Dip.IAA, New York)
Cert.Ed (TESOL), Pantai Valley Teachers’ College, Kuala Lumpur
Master in Business Administration , University of Hull, UK
Higher Group Diploma in Public Relations, Sales Management, Marketing and Advertising
Philip comes with 30 years of both public and corporate work experience. He is a management and soft skills guru, international public speaker, corporate trainer and motivator. He speaks on Ethics, Corporate Governance, CSR and core leadership and management areas.
Trained by Prof Robert Flood and his faculty at the University of Hull in Management and Soft Systems Methodology, Philip Tan is a management and soft skills guru, international public speaker, corporate trainer and motivator. He speaks on Ethics, Corporate Governance, CSR and core leadership and management areas.
Philip has both academia and industry experience from a diverse range of career paths that include holding senior positions in tertiary education, dotcom, advertising, marketing and hospitality training.
In his dynamic career route, he has held portfolios of dean, vice president and chief executive officer of an international professional organisation championing corporate governance. He was also a Senior Examiner for the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK (CIM). Philip continues to share his experience in academia by supervising post-graduates candidates of the University of East London (UEL) in their masters dissertations.
He is a very much sought after trainer and facilitator on leadership and management skills, KPIs, Competency Based Interviews, sales team building for the senior management level and above.
Among his participants, Philip is known for his applicable and job-related content that is delivered in a vibrant pace. He is able to combine soft skills concepts with real life requirements for those on the job. When he is not on the public speaking or corporate training circuit, Philip consults on business performance, strategic management and corporate law.
Philip is also a registered trainer with Pembangunan Sumber Manusia (PSMB) (Ministry of Human Resources, Malaysia).
To book Philip for speaking and training engagement, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone + 603 8074 9056.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of GST, Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.