Coaching and mentoring training has become the most essentials skills that a leader must have!.
As a team leader, the more skilled you are at sharing your experience, expertise and insights through coaching and mentoring, the easier it is to build a positive learning and sharing culture at your workshop.
This will attract and keep quality people within your organisation in a great team environment.
This exclusively designed COACHING AND MENTORING SKILLS course to develop the role of managers (team leaders) as coaches, mentors, counselors and effective motivators.
This training goes beyond traditional management skills to teach team leaders to tap the potential, wisdom and rich experience which resides in every workforce and, likewise, to ensure that team members are receiving the full benefit of their leader's insight and experience. The techniques of coaching and mentoring provide the emotional nourishment and energy needed to transform team members and carry forward the best traditions the company.
An entire value system is communicated throughout an organization by those who mentor others. This is the same way values and ethics are shared in a family - by work and deed.
Mentoring is an effective vehicle for driving your strategy and gaining a competitive edge. Join us now in the next upcoming Coaching and Mentoring Skills workshop as it will truly empower you with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to motivate and develop others in an upbeat and constructive way.
Immediate BENEFITS of the course:
By applying effective coaching and mentoring techniques in your business, you can:
- increase individual, team, and organisation's performance
- increase work productivity and efficiency
- increase employee retention
- foster and develop talents
- encourage 'successes'
- redirect talents to the right path
- repair sore relationships at work
- change attitudes
- boost morale
- inculcate loyalty
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of coaching and mentoring.
- Increase your self-reliance and optimise resources available
- Guide, coach and mentor team members
- Adjust your coaching style to cater to individual team members‘ needs.
- Cultivate the habits of effective mentors.
- Apply relevant and suitable coaching and mentoring techniques.
- Evaluate and control coaching and mentoring relationships.
Who Must Attend
This Coaching and Mentoring skills course is aimed:
- team leaders
- anyone who manages personnel or who contributes to an individual’s capability development in the workplace.
Module 1: Understanding Coaching and Mentoring
This session establishes a positive learning environment, initiates a sense of teamwork, and provides an overlay for the mentoring team members.
- Realise the critical need for mentors in an organisation
- Understand the relationship and difference between coaching and mentoring
- Assess one's mentoring skills and planning for improvement
- Identify one's mentoring style and the necessary style modifications for greater mentoring effectiveness
- Identify who to coach and who to mentor
Module 2: Coaching for development
- Coaching characteristics and skills,
- How the ‘coaching to train’ process works.
Module 3: Establishing a Climate of Trust, Credibility, and Rapport for Mentoring
- Inculcate mental framework for communicating interest and desire to be a mentor.
- Assess effective mentors characteristicsvs your existing skills
- Identify the gateways and opportunities for creating trust and openness through listening to understand
- Develop critical listening skills for attaining another person's perspective/point-of-view
- Establish rapport or communication strategy for creating a "privileged relationship
Module 4: Planning for Performance Improvement
This session prepares delegates to face new business reality with confidence and competence.
- Draft a performance-improvement strategy for developing those you are mentoring
- Determine the critical knowledge, skills, and attributes for performance enhancement
- Create a performance-improvement planning system for the development of individual business professionals
Module 5: Coaching methods
- Commitment Plan
- Drawing out Action Plans
- Personalise development plans
- T-GROW Framework for Coaching
Module 6: Mentoring Methods
- Sharing wisdom in a thoughtful and helpful manner
- Mentoring Plan
- Where we now? Where do we want to go?
- What skills do team members lack?
- Planning and activating the mentoring strategies that overcome the barriers to effective performance
Modue 7: Implentation Plan- Influence, Inspire, Initiate
- "Back on the job" implementation and monitoring plan
- Creating commitment plans to team members to have greater individual performance
- Evaluating coaching and mentoring performance
- Follow up on action plans
Module 8: Key Performance Indicators; Evaluation and controls
- What are Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and core competencies at work
- SMART components and KPI
- Crafting KPI
Module 9: Action Plan - Putting It All Together
- Commitment and Action Plan (Where do we go from here?)
This training workshop is designed to be interactive and participative. Delegates will be given opportunities to actively participate in workshop activities.
The following techniques and tools will be used:
- Individual and Group Work
- Role Plays
- Peer Group Sharing
- Mentoring techniques and templates
- Observation and Feedback
- Interactive presentation and debriefing by facilitator
- Participant's Workshop
Mr Philip Tan
Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Wolverhampton, UK
Practitioners’ Diploma in International Advertising (Dip.IAA, New York)
Cert.Ed (TESOL), Pantai Valley Teachers’ College, Kuala Lumpur
Master in Business Administration , Soft Systems Methodology, University of Hull, UK
Higher Group Diploma in Public Relations, Sales Management, Marketing and Advertising (Institute of Commercial Management, Bournemouth, UK)
Associate Estate Planning Practitioner (AEPP), UK
Trained by Prof Robert Flood and his faculty from the University of Hull in Management and Soft Systems Methodology, Philip Tan is a management and soft skills guru, international public speaker, corporate trainer and motivator. He speaks on Leadership Skills, Marketing, Consultative Selling, the Power of Influence and Negotiating Skills, etc.
Philip has both academia and industry experience derived from a diverse range of career paths that include holding senior positions in tertiary education, dotcom, advertising, marketing and hospitality training.
In his dynamic career route, he has held portfolios of director, dean and vice president of several private tertiary education institutions; chief operating officer of a dotcom; and chief executive officer of an international professional organisation championing corporate governance. He was also a Senior Examiner for the Promotion Management module for the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK (CIM). Philip continues to share his experience in academia by supervising post-graduate candidates in their masters dissertations.
He has conducted In-House program on Negotiating Skills, Consultative Selling Skills, Persuasion and Influencing Skills, Critical and Analytical Thinking Skills, Leadership and Management, Business and Report Writing, etc.
Among his participants, Philip is known for his applicable tools and job-related content that are delivered in a vibrant pace. He is able to combine soft skills concepts with real life requirements for those on the job.
When he is not on the public speaking or corporate training circuit, Philip consults on estate planning; setting up of private trusts to protect businesses from bankruptcy, will-writing and custody, and off shore setting up of corporations.
Philip is a registered trainer with PSMB /HRDC and a senior associate facilitator at iTrainingExpert.com.
To contact Philip, please contact us at info@iTrainingExpert.com or Call us today for a booking
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of GST, Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.