Click HERE to request for a In house Proposal
This Supervisory Development course provides participants with strategies for effective supervision, and the skills and knowledge required to lead a team or work group in a business environment.
The course includes developing plans, providing leadership and supervising the performance of a work team.
This Action Driven supervisory skills training helps participants to make the transition from team member to an efficient supervisor.
- Who are coming for the supervisor skills training?
- Why the supervisor should attend? – What is their role and what are their training needs?
- What kind of skills in pariticular they should receive?
- When do you plan for the training to be done?
- Where will the training take place?
- How long do you want the training to be done? – 2 days - 14 days, 3-6 months?
Who Must Attend
Supervisors to be, supervisors and newly promoted executives
- Principles of good leadership (Leading Yourself first)
- Understanding Your Own Leadership style
- Understanding what makes people tick
- Discuss What Your Boss, Employees, Peers, and Senior Management Expect from You in Your Supervisory Role
- Define and Discuss the Four Basic Management Functions: Planning, Organizing, Communicating and Monitoring
- Identifying strategies for setting goals
- Discussing and agreeing on goals and responsibilities
- Identifying resources required
- Establishing standards of performance required by the team
- Determining task reporting requirements
- Discuss Advantages and Disadvantages of One-Way and Two-Way Communication, and When to Use Each
- Ask Questions That Get the Answers You Need
- Handling difficult people effectively
- How to create a Motivating and Inspiring Environment
- Discuss How the Behavior Is a Function of Its Consequences
- Demonstrate Rules for Reinforcing Productive Behavior
- Explain how to Avoid Common Reinforcement Mistakes
- Use Delegation as a Motivational Tool
- Develop a Strategy for Solving a Current Employee Motivational Problem
- Understand Key Principles of Managing Time Effectively
- Share Time Management Best Practices
- Explain How to Avoid Typical Time Wasters
- Demonstrate Five Stages of Managing Meetings Effectively
- Select and Prioritize Your Own Next Steps
- Develop an Action Plan for Continuing Professional Development
- Communicating effectively
- Encouraging team decision-making
- Supporting team initiative and interaction
- Allocating tasks and responsibilities
- Negotiating strategies for goal achievement
- Identifying training needs
- Negotiating on task timelines
- Reviewing progress against agreed timelines
- Implementing alternative strategies for task achievement
- Monitoring and reporting team performance
- Providing feedback to individual team members
- Demonstrate Giving and Receiving Criticism Constructively
- Explain How to Minimize Defensiveness in Yourself and Others
- Specify Your Own Coaching Strengths and Weak Spots
- Demonstrate a Five-Step Coaching Discussion Model
- Deliver and Profit from Peer Feedback
Interactive lectures, discussion, Q & A
MR PHILIP TAN
Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Wolverhampton, UK
Diploma in International Advertising (Dip.IAA, New York)
Cert.Ed (TESOL), Pantai Valley Teachers’ College, Kuala Lumpur
Master in Business Administration , University of Hull, UK
Higher Group Diploma in Public Relations, Sales Management, Marketing and Advertising
Philip comes with 30 years of both public and corporate work experience. He is a management and soft skills guru, international public speaker, corporate trainer and motivator. He speaks on Ethics, Corporate Governance, CSR and core leadership and management areas.
Trained by Prof Robert Flood and his faculty at the University of Hull in Management and Soft Systems Methodology, Philip Tan is a management and soft skills guru, international public speaker, corporate trainer and motivator. He speaks on Ethics, Corporate Governance, CSR and core leadership and management areas.
Philip has both academia and industry experience from a diverse range of career paths that include holding senior positions in tertiary education, dotcom, advertising, marketing and hospitality training.
In his dynamic career route, he has held portfolios of dean, vice president and chief executive officer of an international professional organisation championing corporate governance. He was also a Senior Examiner for the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK (CIM). Philip continues to share his experience in academia by supervising post-graduates candidates of the University of East London (UEL) in their masters dissertations.
He is a very much sought after trainer and facilitator on leadership and management skills, KPIs, Competency Based Interviews, sales team building for the senior management level and above.
Among his participants, Philip is known for his applicable and job-related content that is delivered in a vibrant pace. He is able to combine soft skills concepts with real life requirements for those on the job. When he is not on the public speaking or corporate training circuit, Philip consults on business performance, strategic management and corporate law.
Philip is also a registered trainer with Pembangunan Sumber Manusia (PSMB) (Ministry of Human Resources, Malaysia).
To book Philip for speaking and training engagement, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone + 603 8074 9056.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of GST, Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.