A social media crisis can occur anytime, whether your brand is on social media or not. While brands may already be marketing on social media, insufficient resources are often allocated to social media crisis management. Unlike traditional crisis scenarios, social media crisis is swift, amplified and often hard to manage as everything occurs in real-time. Without sufficient preparations, brands can often damage their valuable brand equity. Moreover, such preparations to manage a crisis on social media are only effective before there is any semblance of a crisis brewing. So the big question is – what should we do when things come crashing down?
This workshop offers brand owners and marketers a strategic framework that can be easily adapted to the needs to any organisation. Through a combination of presentation, case studies and a simulation exercise, it will arm attendees with the right mindset and understanding to plan, prepare and manage social media crisis effectively.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
1. Understand How social media is changing crisis communications
2. Fully appreciate the framework to manage a social media crisis
3. How to identify and assess online reputational vulnerabilities
4. Must-have social media crisis and issues communications protocols
5. Classify different types of social media crisis and plan and allocate your resources accordingly
6. Develop social media policy and guidelines using scenario planning and case studies
7. Moving From Crisis to Opportunity
8. Understand how to manage the crisis without further escalation
Who Must Attend
-Web Designers and Developers
-Sales and Marketing Staff
-Junior Digital Marketers
-Business Development Managers
-Event Organisers and Managers
-Promotions and Customer Service
Day 1: 9.00am - 5.00pm
MODULE 1: Social Media and Ethics
• Social Media Policy and adherence
• Understanding copyright and creative commons
• Disclosure and Transparency
• Social Media risks and rewards
Module 2 : Understanding Types of Crisis
• Conventional crises which now play-out differently
• Crisis created by use of social media by customers, citizens or employees
• ‘Own goals’ triggered by organisations misuse of social media
• The importance of speed of response
Module 3:The Anatomy of Social Media Crisis
• The categories of Social Media Crisis
• The levels of Social Media Crisis
• The life cycle of Social Media Crisis
• The influencer impact on Social Media Crisis
Module 4: Creating the right tone of communication
• Creating socially acceptable behaviour
• Managing accessibility
• Creating a plan
• Managing a 24/7 information stream
• How to appear transparent, visible and accessible
Module 5: The Social Media Crisis Plan
• Assessing Social Media Issues and Risks
• Managing and mitigating issues and risks
• Social Media Escalation Plans
• Handle Negative Publicity on Social Media Forums
Value Exchange Session: Case Studies on (Brief about the case studies)
Day 2: 9.00am - 5.00pm
• Avoiding appearing as a remote and inflexible organisation
• What is digital activism and who are digital activists?
• How to respond to ‘radicalised’ customers or stakeholders
• The importance of monitoring
• A look at available monitoring tools
• A lesson in establishing a real-time monitoring dashboard
• A practical session to establish a basic dashboard for each participant
• Managing real-time publication
• A look at the tools required to manage real time information publication
• The role of platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Wordpress
• A look at the processes required to use these tools effectively
Module 8: Crisis Communication and Management
• Internal Communication
• Media Communication
• Influencer Communication
• Communicating on Social Channels
• Crisis Scenario Planning
Value Exchange Session: Case Studies (Brief about the case studies)
Interactive presentation, workshop based simulations, case studies and open discussions.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials & Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.