Being a successful manager or team leader requires not only business knowledge, but also coaching and communication skills. This course will teach you how to handle the challenges you face in your role as a manager and a leader in a team.
Discover the difference between coaching and managing and what you can do to become a better manager. Understand your role in team communication and what you can do to ensure fewer misunderstandings, enhance team coordination and collaboration. By applying NLP, the latest and proven scientific communication tool, you will be able to understand how to effectively communicate, deal with conflict and difficult people, and motivate and create a positive team atmosphere.
In this class, you'll learn how to build, motivate, and maintain an effective, high-performing team. Make the most of your employees' skills and abilities by delegating appropriately and avoiding micromanaging. Learn how to link feedback, coaching, performance management, and progressive discipline to increase productivity, ensure performance excellence, and to deal effectively with underperformers.
- Use Emotional Intelligence (EI) Profiling to understand the different personality types and how to deal with each personality type effectively
- Understand the concepts of coaching as a key leadership skill
- Identify and deal effectively with poor performance in the team
- Understand the NLP communication model and how to avoid obstacles to effective communication and coaching
- Gain the skills needed to master dynamic listening
- Delegate effectively to both new and experienced employees
- Practice real coaching with individual employees, and learn how to provide effective ongoing feedback
- Apply the leadership skills of coaching to improve and develop their subordinates work performance from where they are to where you want them to be
Who Must Attend
New managers, new supervisors, associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers and program managers.
MODULE 1: UNDERSTANDING COACHING
- Leverage the Resources Available to You
- Understanding Coaching and Managing
- Qualities & Competencies of a Coach
- Process: IGROW coaching model
- Who needs coaching and who makes a good coach?
- Pitfalls to Avoid in Coaching
MODULE 2: MASTER THE ART OF COMMUNICATION
- Share Information With Proficiency
- Become an effective communicator
- Power of Questions
- Pacing and Leading the Coachee
- Saying it simply and clearly
- Exercise Being human: Dynamic listening skills
MODULE 3: MASTERING RELATIONSHIPS
- Understand the Coach and Coachee Emotional Intelligence Profile
- Know why your Coachee’s Working Style
- EI Profiling and How to Handle each Style effectively
- Build rapport easily with Coachee
- Exercise: Real Coaching Practice
MODULE 4: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- How to evaluate Staff Performance
- How to give effective feedback
- Negotiating coaching plans with each employee
- Practice: Identify Performance Problems and Resolving them
MODULE 5: MASTERING MOTIVATION
- Twin Pillars of Motivation
- The Driving Forces of the Coachee
- Motivating your under-performers
- How to create a motivating team environment
- Coaching Practice: Motivating the Coachee
MODULE 6: EFFECTIVE DELEGATION
- What should and what shouldn’t be delegated
- Delegate the tough, important jobs to ensure they are done right the first time
- Rules for effective delegation
- Being firm & knowing what it takes
MODULE 7: REALIGNING THE GAP IN PERFORMANCE
- Reaching Performance Improvement and Excellence
- Faster, better, cheaper: an effective method for improvement
- Nurturing greatness in your team
- Being positive & knowing what it takes
- Real Coaching Practice: Closing the GAP from where you are to where you want to be
Member of Malaysian Institute of Management
Certified Professional Trainer, MIM
MBA (General) University of Hull, UK
Council of Engineering Institutions (UK) Part I & II
Associate Member of Institute of Electrical Engineers, UK
Graduate Member of Institute of Engineers, Malaysia
ISO Standardization Internal Auditor
NLP Master Trainer Certification, NFNLP US
Certified Master Conversational Hypnotherapist, IAPCH U
Certified Specialist in Neuro-Hypnotic Repatterning, SNLP US
Daniel is an International Master NLP Trainer who comes with more than 30 years experience in the corporate world; out of which, 19 years has been spent on coaching and training: on Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Coaching & Negotiation skills, Sales, Management & Leadership Skills, Course Consulting, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Sub-conscious learning skills. And in the process, continually coaching and motivating all his the coaches, mentees, staff and associates to learn, grow and expand their personal paradigms and horizons.
He also has extensive marketing and sales experience; from selling single course programs to education franchise businesses; as well as single pieces of equipment right-up to multi-million US dollar projects for more than 15 years. In his last major corporate appointment as General Manager of GEC (UK), Mahkota Technologies, Daniel was in-charge of both local and regional sales for his Division. In his tenure, he managed over 15 different products and systems, successfully securing an annual turnover of RM60 million, for both the domestic and regional markets.
He is an engineer by profession and has completed his professional engineering degree, the Council of Engineering Institutions, UK., Part I & II within 2 years instead of three years. His achievement brought him the Excellent Performance Award in the Professional degree.
Other positions which he has held in the various Multi National companies include Installation and Service Engineer, Department Manager and General Manager of a leading MNC.
To date, Daniel is a Certified Professional Trainer with the Malaysian Institute of Management (MIM) and Cambridge ICT.
He is also trained under Dr Richard Bandler and is a Certified Master NLP Trainer of the National Federation of Neuro-Linguistic Psychology, USA. He is also a Certified Master Conversational Hypnotherapist of the International Association of Professional Conversational Hypnotherapist, USA.
He specializes in coaching CEOs, senior managers and entrepreneurs in highly sought-after skills in areas of people management, creative and innovative skills in leading organizations. His passions are in the study and application of the latest psychologies, mental tools and techniques in reading and handling people; especially in areas of Effective Communication and Negotiation skills, Management and Leadership Skills and Sales, applying Neuro-linguistic Programming and Subconscious Learning to accelerate adult learning.
Daniel recognizes the great potential within each individual and he believes in making a difference in one’s learning through his personalised, demonstrative, practical and dynamic approach in effective trainings. He makes every training experience enjoyable and valuable. His passion for training stems from his innate desire to empower all those individuals who are keen to seek knowledge, wisdom and self improvement; so that they can be the person they need to be to have what they want.
To book Mr Daniel for speaking, training or consultancy engagements, please contact us at info@iTrainingExpert.com or +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 + 6% SST|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,990.00 + 6% SST|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,890.00 + 6% SST|
(Fee inclusive of Training Materials & Certificate of Achievement)
Fee is NOT INCLUSIVE of 6% SST
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.