This 2-day training session is targeted audience whose work function involves crunching forecasts and budgets. Participants will learn qualitative & quantitative techniques, sensitivity analysis, file consolidation, dynamic version control, form controls and visualization. Quantitative methods include multiple regression analysis and exponential smoothing.
Being an Excel-intensive class, participants are expected to possess a mid-level working knowledge baseline of MS-Excel. The session deep-dives into certain useful Excel functions & tools and breaking them to show their application and null-application.
The class also welcomes persons who would like to understand the forecasting and forecasting process, understand quantitative and qualitative forecasting and acquire the know-how in building robust financial models.
Financial Models covered are the Budgeting Model, Forecasting Model and the 3-Statement Model. The use of MS-Excel is extensive and laptops affixed with Excel 2013 (or higher) with Power Query are required. This program is conducted with practical exercises and case studies.
- Learn to apply statistical and judgmental forecasting techniques.
- Reduce turnaround-time in managing your forecast structure and worksheet process.
- Learn how to version-control multiple forecast worksets.
- Build your own dynamic scenarios with form controls.
Who Must Attend
Required software: Excel 2016 or above.
Required add-in to be set up in Excel: Power Query. Participants need to ensure Power Query is in operational condition before training commences.
Internet connection for participants required.
2 Days ( 9.00 am – 5.00 pm)
MODULE 1: FINANCIAL MODELS
- Introduction & types of financial models
- Program scope
- Financial model structure
- Budgeting & forecasting
- The budgeting & forecasting process
MODULE 2 : BUILDING THE FINANCIAL MODEL
- Building revenue & expense drivers
- Revenue & cost projection
- Modelling the Income Statement & supporting cost centre sheets
- Building the headcount & payroll model
- Projecting the balance sheet
MODULE 3 : FORECASTING METHODS
- Qualitative & quantitative forecasting methods
- Important Excel-related functions & tools
- Forecasting accuracy
- Regression analysis
MODULE 4 : CASHFLOW
- Working capital components, ratios & cash conversion cycle
- Cash flow projection using the direct method
- Free Cash Flow (FCF)
MODULE 5 : FORM CONTROLS
- Essential Form Controls & overview
- Incorporating Form Controls into financial models & sensitivity analysis
MODULE 6 : EXTRACTING AND CONSOLIDATING HISTORICAL ACCOUNTING DATA
- Using Excel tools to extract & consolidate historical data
- Building forecasting working templates from historical data
- Building sensitivity analysis into forecast templates
MODULE 7 : NPV & IRR
- Time value of money & discounted cashflows
- Compounding and Discounting- what’s the difference?
- NPV vs IRR introduction
- Implications of NPV vs IRR in decision-making
- Investment model using NPV, IRR, PMT, PPMT, IPMT
MODULE 8 : INVESTMENT METRICS
- Equity multiple
- Peak capital
MODULE 9 : IMPORTANT EXCEL KNOWLEDGE
- Essential Excel functions in financial modeling- VLOOKUP, SUMIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIF, COUNTIFS, IFERROR, INDEX, MATCH, INDIRECT
- Utilize macros to automate simple tasks
MS-Excel intermediate-to-advance level knowledge required as a pre-requisite. This program is conducted with practical exercises and interactive discussions.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,290.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,690.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,490.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a e-Certificate of Achievement.
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123