This 2-day training session is targeted audience whose work function involves crunching forecasts and budgets. Participants will learn qualitative & quantitative techniques, sensitivity analysis, file consolidation, dynamic version control, form controls and visualization. Quantitative methods include multiple regression analysis and exponential smoothing.
Being an Excel-intensive class, participants are expected to possess a mid-level working knowledge baseline of MS-Excel. The session deep-dives into certain useful Excel functions & tools and breaking them to show their application and null-application.
The class also welcomes persons who would like to understand the forecasting and forecasting process, understand quantitative and qualitative forecasting and acquire the know-how in building robust financial models.
Financial Models covered are the Budgeting Model, Forecasting Model and the 3-Statement Model. The use of MS-Excel is extensive and laptops affixed with Excel 2016 (or higher) with Power Query are required.This program is conducted with practical exercises and case studies.
- Learn to apply statistical and judgmental forecasting techniques
- Reduce turnaround-time in managing your forecast structure and worksheet process.
- Learn how to version-control multiple forecast worksets.
- Build your own dynamic scenarios with data visualization.
Who Must Attend
Required software: Excel 2016 or above.
Required add-in to be set up in Excel: Power Query. Participants need to ensure Power Query is in operational condition before training commences.
Internet connection for participants required.
MODULE 1:What is Forecasting and Budgeting
- What is forecasting and budgeting- an introduction
- Objectives of financial modelling, timeframe and data patterns
- Template design and structure
MODULE 2: Quantitative vs Qualitative methods
- Qualitative and Quantitative forecasting methods
- Naïve method, Simple Moving Average, Simple Weighted Moving Average, Exponential Smoothing, Correlation, Regression Analysis
- Excel 2016’s new Forecast Sheet function (applies to Excel 2016 only)
- Multiple Regression Analysis, Coefficient Correlation, Coefficient of Determination
- CORREL, TREND and new iterations of the FORECAST functions
- Tracking forecasting accuracy as a KPI
- Using Excel’s Data Analysis tools- Exponential Smoothing, Moving Average and Regression
- Case study
MODULE 3: Extracting and uploading data with Power Query (applies to Excel 2013 and above only)
- Introduction to Get & Transform and the Query Editor
- Data sources, extracting, transforming and loading data using Power Query
- Combining worksheets
MODULE 4: Incorporating graphs and charts
- Excel 2016 new useful charts (Excel 2016 only)
- Dynamic application of charts & graphs into the financial model
MODULE 5: Form Controls
- Essential Form Controls and overview
- Incorporating Form Controls into financial models
MODULE 6: Sensitivity Analysis
- Data Table
- Scenario Manager
- Goal Seek
- Customizing your own sensitivity analysis model
Conditional Formatting basics
MODULE 7: Building Financial Statements
- Building revenue and expense drivers
- Revenue and cost projection
- Modelling the Income Statement and supporting cost centre sheets
- Working capital and cash conversion cycle
- Cash flow projection using the direct method
- Building the headcount & payroll model
MODULE 8: Run-through of important Excel Functions
- VLOOKUP, SUMIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIF, COUNTIFS, IFERROR, INDEX, MATCH,
MODULE 9: NPV & IRR
- Compounding and Discounting- what’s the difference?
- NPV vs IRR introduction
- Implications of NPV vs IRR in decision-making
- Investment model using NPV, IRR, PMT, PPMT, IPMT
MS-Excel intermediate-to-advance level knowledge required as a pre-requisite. This program is conducted with practical exercises and interactive discussions.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials & Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.