This intensive course is for very busy working adults who need to enhance their credibility in their written work, be it a business proposal or business emails.
In two days, you will:
Learn what it takes to produce fluent and error-free written work.
Equip yourself with tools, techniques and strategies to spot common errors in verb tenses, sentence style and vocabulary.
Communicate your ideas confidently in meetings and with colleagues without the fear of poor grammar.
By the end of this English grammar course, it is expected that participants should have acquired:
- understand English Grammar in an animated and easy to understand way
- Understand English Tenses and able to differentiate how to use Present, Past and Perfect Tense in different context.
- Apply Tenses in different Sentence Structures.
- Describing your thoughts in error-free sentences
- Identify and correct errors in grammar
- Communicate orally with more confidence at workplace with the Functional English module
Who Must Attend
Participants who have a good grasp of the basic grammar structures and wanting to perfect their writing skills without any glaring grammatical mistakes. This course is NOT suitable for delegates wanting to start learning English.
- English as an analytic language
- Word Classes - e.g. Nouns & Verbs
- Understanding Singular, Plural, Mass nouns, Countable and Uncountable Nouns
- Different types of Sentence structures with different styles e.g. declarative, interrogative, imperative, exclamative
- English Tenses- Present, Past and Perfect tenses
- Subject Verb Agreement and it's importance in Business Writing
- Sentence Structures and common problems with sentence fragments
- Common Mistakes with sentence structures in reports and emails
- Business Vocabulary
- Oral and Functional English at Workplace
This workshop’s methodology is a combination of expert input, interactive practical exercises, group discussions, exercise worksheets.
• Canadian Institute for English Certificate in TESOL
• BA Language Studies (Bridgewater University)
• M Ed Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Concordia University)
• PSMB Certified Trainer
Before his dedication to full time training, Steve worked for one of the oldest and most established brokerage houses in Canada. He was in charge of regulatory compliance and education.
After realizing his true passion was in sharing and speaking, Steve moved to Malaysia in 2003 to focus more on Cross-Cultural Communication and Corporate Trainings. During this decade, he has been involved in designing and delivering programmes for many Multinational companies. He has also been involved in instruction, training and curriculum development for the education sector. Currently he also the Subject Expert and Advisor for Chinese Taipei School in Kuala Lumpur.
Steve is an enthusiastic and dedicated trainer who operates an active learning environment and always keeps his audience amused and challenged. He thrives on challenges and always engages and affect his audience to help them remember and practise the skills taught.
With over 15 years of public speaking experience, Steve has a very acute understanding of what is required in order to get ideas across clearly and in an engaging manner. He regularly participates in or leads workshops and training sessions, often giving presentations to upwards of 2000 participants.
Click here to send us your Request for In house Proposal.
This course is not scheduled as an public seminar.
This course is available on-site | in house | be-spoke basis and can be tailored to suit your organization's needs.
We will conduct the course at the convinience in your office and the date and time agreed.
Please call our Course consultant at +603 8074 9056 . Email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.