Upon completion of this Crisis & Disaster Management program, the participants will be able to:
- Discern the difference between the Theory, Concept and Principle of Crisis Management and apply it accordingly.
- Understand how to effectively process the implication of any given disaster through a thought-out contingency.
- Avoid the pitfalls in the wake of chaos caused by an emergency.
- Understand Critical Success Factors.
Who Must Attend
Officers and managers of:
- Safety, Security , Surveillance, and Emergency department
- Administration & Logistics Department
- Fulfillment and Support Department
- Legal, Corporate Services Department
- Risk Management Department
- Internal Audit Department
- HR and Training Department
- Operations Department
- In regional, branches and subsidiary company’s locations
- Production, Factory and Assembly Line Department
- IT/Systems, Support, and DRP Department
- Finance, Procurement, Stores,/Warehouse and R & D Department
MODULE 1: UNDERSTANDING CRISIS
- Disaster & sources or drivers
- Crisis…period, risk issues,
What is at stake? & issues Crisis or BCM video clip
MODULE 2: CRISIS MANAGEMENT VIDEO
What do you learn from this short video clip?
MODULE 3: MANAGING THE 3 STAGES OF CRISIS
- Business Survival
MODULE 4: STARTING YOUR CRISIS MANAGEMENT JOURNEY
- Formalise your 5Ps
Complete the 7Cs
MODULE 5 :CRISIS MANAGEMENT VIDEO
Lessons learnt from this clip.
MODULE 6: THE COMMITTEE
- Roles of others
- Avoiding bad publicity and negative vibes that slowly but surely will ‘kill’ even the most invincible institution
Preventing punitive suit, damage-liability, winding down, take-over, folding-up or closure
MODULE 7: CAPACITY & CAPABILITY
- Financial resources
- Assets, logistics, and infras
- Non financial resources
- BRS: Placements & recovery sites
MODULE 8 : BIA: COMPUTATION OF CRISIS RISK IMPACT
- Business impact analysis
- Business loss
- Non financial loss
- Identifying your critical business/service functions.
- Critical products/services
- Non-critical products/services
Survival mode versus ‘as-usual’ mode
MODULE 9 :CASE STUDY I
- Group discussion & presentation
- Discuss types of disaster.
- Controllable and uncontrollable disasters.
- Why is there crisis after every disaster?
- Prevention versus Cure approaches
- Localised versus global disaster/crisis.
- Safety & security drill
Ways and approaches to effective drills.
Drill frequency, at what levels, head office and regions/branches/subsidiaries.
MODULE 10: COORDINATION
- Internal support group
- External dependencies
- Logistics, Security, Rescue,
- Relief Centres, Medical & Health,
Local and global NGOs
MODULE 11: BCM video clip
- What can you take or learn from this clip?
MODULE 12: COVER
- Establish your business recovery site (BRS)
Cold, warm, hot
MODULE 13: CRISIS COMMUNICATION
- How crisis communication differs from normal communication?
- Pacify & inform internal audience & stakeholders
- Address eternal stakeholders
- CEG: Crisis escalation guide
Official & authorised party/source
MODULE 14: BCM video
Discuss matters highlighted in the video.
MODULE 15: COMFORT
- How do you test the effectiveness of your BCM programme?
- Frequency of testing
Compare peer notes & practices to ensure effectiveness
MODULE 16: AVOID LANDMINES
Know the pitfcalls that derail or fail your BCM
MODULE 17: YOUR Critical Success Factors (CSF)
- Critical success factors
- Why some BCM programmes failed?
Elements for practical and successful BCM
MODULE 18: CASE STUDY II
- Second group discussion & presentation
- The MOT (Moment of truth).
- Disaster strikes, crisis period starts.
- How does an organisation (board and management) react?
BCM invocation: Putting the BCM activities and action plans into motion.
MODULE 19: COMMENT & ASSESSMENT
- Input and views from participants
Interactive presentation, workshop based simulations, case studies and open discussions.
MR MADI MANIAM
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,790.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,090.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,990.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive an E-Certificate of Achievement.
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123