“Cash Flow forecasting” is a technical term essentially meaning “prepping for the profits you expect to receive”. A fundamental principle in business that projects your organization’s financial position and what initiatives it could accordingly plan for around that.
The problem cashflow forecasting has always presented is accuracy.
Without an overall working culture of transparency and communication to support it, cash flow forecasting can be as pointless as reading tea leaves. Something that would’ve been risky by itself before Covid-19, but it could be absolutely fatal now. Every Manager needs an understanding of finance in order to oversee efficient budgets, manage financial patterns and meet targets.
This workshop will provide you with the skills and tools to do this, with the aim of achieving your organization’s overall goals.
Cash is also the most important resource in any business to ensure healthy growth and business expansion. However, it is also generally the most poorly managed aspect of many organisation. Its management tends to take the form of crisis management at the end of each month.
Well-planned and proactive cash flow management starts with managing your revenue and your business creditor properly.
A lack of financial management is a lack of management. Period.
Who Must Attend
- Managing Directors/ CEO,
- Accountants, Financial Controllers,
- Accounts/ Finance Managers/ Executives,
- Administration Managers/ Executives,
- Personnel Managers/ Executives,
- HR Managers/ Executives,
MODULE 1 : SPEAKING ACCOUNTING
- Objective of a Business Entity
- Accounting Concepts and Assumptions
- Understanding Accounting Terms : Asset, Liability, Equity, Profit, Revenue, Expenses, Cash Flows
- Differentiate between Capital and Revenue / Operating Expenditure
MODULE 2 : CASHFLOW AND FUNDING
- Sales Cycle and Expenditure Cycle
- Cash Flow Cycle and Cash Conversion Cycle
- Sources of Cash and Funding
- Understand “Treasury Management”
MODULE 3 : READING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- What are Financial Statements
- How to read and analyse Financial Statements
MODULE 4 : CASH FLOW ANALYSIS
- Understanding Types of Cash Flow in an organization (Operating Cash Flow / Investing Cash Flow / Financing Cash Flow)
- Difference between Cash Flow and Profit / Loss
- Why Turnover is an illusion and Cash is real
- Case Study of Cash Flow Analysis
MODULE 5 : BUILDING BUDGET
- What is budgeting?
- Comparing Budgeting approach
- Rolling forecasts – what are they and how to prepare /manage them
- Developing Budgeting Guidelines, Time Table and Realistic Assumptions
- Preparing an Effective Cash Budget
- How to formulate assumptions and the basis for cash budgets
- Budget as a Control Tools
- Cash Budget Workshop
MODULE 6 : INVESTMENT APPRAISAL
- Capital Investment Appraisal
- Methods of Appraisal
- Practise on Financial Model
MODULE 7 : IMPACT TO CASH FLOW
- SST impact to Cash Flow
- Buying or Leasing
- Buy Cash or Hire Purchase
MODULE 8 : CASH FLOW PLANNING
- Types of Financing
- Managing Cash Flow during periods of ‘negative cash flows’
- Planning cash flow for seasonal business
- Tips for keeping Cash Flow strong
This workshop’s methodology is a combination of expert input, interactive practical exercises, lots of hands-on role-play, group discussions, sample of real financial statements of existing company's case studies, practical projects, and group presentations.
Mr CW TAN
Fellows Member of Chartered Management Accountant - FCMA (UK)
Chartered Accountant (Malaysia)- CA (M’sia)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
Competent Toastmaster (CTM)
Mr Tan is a Senior Member (FCMA) of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CIMA and a member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants, MIA since December 1992. He has been a Council Member of the CIMA Malaysia Divisional Council since 1998 until the Divisional Council dissolved in May 2012. Tan is also a duly certified Competent Toastmaster of Toastmaster International.
Tan has had a long and distinguished career as a Management Accountant in a number of well-known Malaysian and International Companies. He started his career in Finance as an Auditor. In 2000, he joined KNM Berhad as Group Financial Controller and played a pivotal role in KNM’s listing submission. In December 2005, Tan returned to his hometown, Melaka and worked for Coats Thread (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. as Finance Manager and retired in March 2012 to form WFP.
As the pioneer CIMA Global Membership Assessor from Malaysia, Tan is actively involved in giving talks and doing workshops for potential members who wanted to apply for CIMA membership locally as well as in Singapore and has conducted in house training as well as public training programmes on Finance both locally as well as in Cambodia. With the expansion of more overseasGlobal Membership Assessor, Tan is now a Mentor for two new Assessorsin Malaysia.
All in, Tan has more than twenty-three years of hands-on experience in different areas of management and functions in diverse industries such as in auditing, printing, construction, manufacturing, consultancy, engineering and trading. Other than the Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Corporate Finance and Credit Control, some of the other functions include: general management, business development, business strategic planning, performance improvement, quality assurance, human resource management, information technology and management, budgeting and strategic cost management. Tan is also a certified trainer under PMSB, Malaysia. (Certificate No. TTT/6518).
To contact Mr Tan, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628
“I had absolutely no knowledge about finance before I attended this course. During this course I felt that I learned a great deal about finance, especially in the area of calculation. I certainly felt that after the course that I know more about finance that I can apply to my daily job. I thought that Mr. Tan Chee Wan was good in his performance. However, I do feel that he could improve more on his explanation on the topic of budgeting.”–Setia Corp. Sdn. Bhd.
“Our trainer, Mr Tan is a very experienced trainer who can give clear and easy to understand explanations on this complicated subject. He has also given us very relevant and real life examples of Financial Reports of existing company to understand deeper. We really appreciate the trainer’s effort in sharing his knowledge and experience.” – Bandtree Sdn Bhd
“Before the course, I didn’t have sufficient knowledge on cashflow forecasting and or reading financial statements. I’m very happy that learned the techniques to read cashflow and finance reports in this training. It was made very easy to understand and it is definitely very useful for my work.” – Asst Manager, Malaysia Debt Ventures Berhad
“I had very little knowledge on how to read financial statement before attending this course and am happy to say that I now understand a lot more about finances after attending this course. I felt the trainer gave us a very clear explanation about accounting.” – Sapura Industrial Bhd.
“From this course, I learned so much on Budget, finance terms, decision making on viability of investment / project” – Tech Manager, NASMECH Technology Sdn Bhd.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,990.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,790.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123