Engaging in international trade introduces a myriad of complexities, involving various rules, legal structures, and expectations. Within this intricate landscape, one notable challenge arises when it comes to understanding and effectively using Incoterms – essential terms that outline the responsibilities and risks between buyers and sellers in global transactions. Although these terms are crucial for providing clarity and avoiding disputes, they can also be confusing due to their intricate nature and potential for misunderstandings. From selecting the right term for a specific trade to managing who's responsible for what and ensuring everyone is on the same page, mastering Incoterms can be a daunting task.
In response to the challenges that come with Incoterms, this comprehensive two-day course is designed to equip participants with the necessary skills to confidently navigate the complexities of international trade. Across eight carefully structured modules, the course aims to provide participants with a deep understanding of Incoterms, starting from the basics and progressing to advanced negotiation strategies. The main goal of the course is to simplify the understanding of Incoterms and emphasize how they can streamline trade processes and minimize disagreements. Through the use of real-world scenarios, detailed case studies, and practical negotiation insights, participants will gain the expertise needed to make informed decisions, manage risks effectively, and negotiate with confidence. Ultimately, this course aims to transform Incoterms from being seen as challenging to being seen as valuable tools that contribute to the success of international trade endeavors.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Define the fundamental role of Incoterms in international trade
- Differentiate responsibilities within Incoterms groups
- Explain the cost and risk distribution through Incoterms for informed trade choice
- Apply Incoterms knowledge to practical trade scenarios for effective problem solving
- Develop negotiation finesse using Incoterms for successful international deals
Who Must Attend
• Export/Import Executive
• Administrative Executive
• Procurement/Purchasing Executive
• Logistic/Warehouse/Supply Chain/Shipping Executive
• Customer Service
• Finance Executive
• Sales & Marketing Executive
• Clerical Staffs
• Sales Manager
• Export/Import Sales Manager
• International Trade Manager
DAY 1: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Module 1: Introduction to Incoterms
• Purpose, history, role in trade
• Evolution of Incoterms versions
• Key concepts: risk, delivery, obligation
Module 2: Grouping Incoterms and Responsibilities
• E,F,C,D groups explained
• Seller-buyer obligations within groups
• Risk transfer points and their significance
Module 3: E and F Group Incoterms
• EXW, buyer-risk focus
• FCA flexibility and transport modes
• FAS, FOB for maritime transport
Module 4: C Group Incoterms
• CFR, CIF: Freight and Insurance
• CPT, CIP: Insurance coverage, risk
• Documentation impact on operations, customs
Day 2: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Module 5: D Group Incoterms
• DAP, buyer delivery notice
• DPU, unloading responsibility
• DDP, comprehensive obligations, taxes
Module 6: Understand Cost and Risk Allocation
• Costs based on Incoterms
• Varying risk, insurance importance
• Negotiation enhancement through cost-risk knowledge
Module 7: Case Studies and Real-World Scenarios
• Analysing intricate trade situation
• Problem-solving, optimal Incoterms selection
• Learning from real-world examples, outcomes
Module 8: Advanced Negotiation Strategies with Incoterms
• Leveraging Incoterms for negotiation goals
• Dynamics, psychology, and cultural factors
• Conditional terms, risk management, ethics
Interactive Learning methods, including Multiple Choice Questions to assess understanding and stimulate critical thinking. Dynamic Group Discussion, Role Plays and Group Presentation to promote collaborative learning.
CHOW KIT YENG (AERIS CHOW)
Designation: HRDC Accredited Trainer (Specialize in International Trade)
#1: Certified Export Professional (CEP), European International University
#2: Master of Business Administration (MBA), INTI International University
#3: Licensed Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), issued by AKLTG and certified and licensed by Richard Bandler under the Society of NLP, USA
#4: Competent Leader (CL), Toastmaster International
#5: Competent Communicator (CC), Toastmaster International
Aeris is an International Trade corporate trainer. She speaks on shipment management, customer management, sales and marketing, new market research and market entry strategies areas and etc.
Aeris has 17 years of corporate working experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industries. Her last tenure in Kellogg Asia Marketing Inc. is the Export Manager handling international markets including Pacific Islands and Asia Developing Markets.
Her highest achievements include leading the export department servicing 30 countries via distributor model, expanding export markets from 2 countries to 30 countries and also increased 70% sales value within a year.
She has trained multi-national companies (MNC) and small medium enterprises (SME) offline and online, In-house and public. Among her participants, Aeris is known for her applicable and job-related content that is delivered in a vibrant pace. She is able to combine her international trade knowledge with real life experience for those on the job. Aeris holds the esteemed Certified Export Professional (CEP) designation from European International University, demonstrating her commitment to excellence in the industry. Apart from that, Aeris is a content creator. She is passionate to share her international trade knowledge as well as current economic updates in her Youtube channel and LinkedIn platform.
Moreover, she is a NLP Practitioner and she was a Toastmaster who earned both Competent Leader (CL) and Competent Communicator (CC) designation. With that, Aeris would be able to add value when she conducts the training. Last but not the least, Aeris is a HRDC Accredited Trainer as well.
What did you like most about the course?
- Very interactive and fun way of learning.
- Interactive with trainer and easy to understand
- The trainer is well trained and very knowledgeable.
- Active session.
- New knowledge.
- Explanation is clear.
- Notes & Presentation.
- Good participation from audiences & trainer.
- Summary of presentation
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,990.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,490.00 per pax|