By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Achieve an overview of incident investigation and reporting
- Learn how to use effective investigation and interviewing techniques to gather complete, objective and accurate data
- Develop understanding of how to analyzing incidents to identify root causes
- Get awareness about the human relations aspects of incident reporting
- Determine which data to include in investigation reports
- Develop understanding of Hazard control measures and follow-up
Who Must Attend
- O&M (Operations and Maintenance) professionals who are keen to attain a holistic and integrated overview of incident investigation and reporting
- HSE Staff, Support Functions Professionals, Administration Managers, Procurement Managers, Finance Executives, Corporate Services Executives
- Labor Union representatives
- ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) Professionals
- Corporate Planning Professionals
Module 1: The Basics
- What is an Accident.
- Accidents and Incident.
- Accident Types.
- Are Accident Always Unplanned?
- Old Theory – Workers Error.
- New Theory – Systems Approach.
- Why Conduct the Accident Investigation.
- Why OSHA Conducts an Accident Investigation.
- Investigate and Analyze to Fix the system ….Not the Blame.
- Bottom line.
- Effective Accident Investigation Program.
- When should I start the Investigation?
- Things Disappear After an Accident.
- Material Evidence.
Report Accidents to OSHA; Basic Requirements.
- Sample Kit
- Document the Scene.
- Make Personal Observations.
- Get Initial Statements.
- Take Photos of the Accident Scene.
- Take Video of the Scene.
- Sketch the Accident Scene.
- Some Sketching Pointers.
- Interview Records.
- Digging Up the Facts.
- Seven “Rights” of the Interview Process.
- Corperation is the Key.
- Preparing for the Interview.
- Effective Interviewing Techniques.
- More Effective Interviewing Techniques.
- Sorting it All Out.
- Assessment vs Analysis
- Analysis Defined.
- Accident Analysis.
- Event Assessment and Analysis.
- Why Accident Happened.
- Single Event Theory.
- The Domino Theory.
- Multiple Cause Theory.
- The Final Even in an Unplanned Process.
- Four Categories of Events.
- The Actor and the Action.
- Sample Sequence of Events.
- Constructing only One Event.
- Paint a Words Picture.
Sample sequence of events.
- Three Phases of Cause Analysis
- Injury Analysis
- Surface Cause Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- What is the Direct Cause of Injury
- Harmful Forms of Energy
- Hazardous Conditions
- Unsafe or Inappropriate Behaviors
- Analysis Tools
- System Analysis
- Hierarchy of Causes
Module 7: Develop Solutions
- Effective Recommendations
- Why Decision-makers Don’t Respond Quickly
- Do it Right
- The Hierarchy of Control Strategies
- Hiegher Priority Strategies that Control Hazards
- Lower Priority Strategies
- Recommend System Improvements
- “GIGO” or “QIQO”
- Six Key Questions
- Estimating Direct and indirect Costs
- Ratio Between Indirect Costs
- Return on the Invesment (ROI)
- Provides options
Module 8: Write the Report
- Perception Is reality
- The Accident Report Form
- Section i. Background
- Section ii. Description of the Accident
- Section iii. Finding
- Section iv. Recommendation
- Section v. Summary
- Open Documents
- Additional Rersources
This course provides a very enriching learning experience to the participants and encourages them to actively participate in the proceedings. The 2-way communication principle is adopted whereby the delegates learn from the industry experience of the Trainer and at the same time are given opportunity to express their views and ideas. Depending on the expertise and capability of participants they would even be encouraged to present the learning during the course by themselves with a view to optimize the retention of the knowledge shared by the Trainer/ Facilitator.
The instructional format capitalizes on a careful balance of formal lectures by the Trainer and individual/ group exercises/ workshops. The Program will use following learning methods/ techniques:
- PowerPoint presentations and Lectures
- Daily Quizzes to determine the retention of knowledge and encourage attentiveness
- Exercises/ workshops/ Case studies to develop understanding of the topics covered
- Delegates will be encouraged to take active part in discussions and express their views/ ideas.
Presentations by the participants to give them confidence and for determining their understanding of the contents taught.
Senior Technical Trainer
Bachelor Engineering B.Eng. (Hons) U.M
Six Sigma Black Belt by Motorola University
Project Management Professional PMP©
Mr Venu has been working in Quality and Analytics field for about 12 years. Started his career after completing his higher education in University Malaya majoring in Material Engineering, with Motorola Semiconductor in 2006. He is a practicing Six Sigma Black Belt, with more than 15-year experience.
Obtaining his six sigma training with Motorola, he was not only well versed in the theoretical concept but the hands-on approach in solving complex problems, driving process improvement activities, and quality across an organization. In later part of his career, he was involved in Big data Analytics, and spend considerable time, on implementing Analytics Concepts, such as Artificial Intelligence on the Manufacturing process, automated decision making and predictive concept manufacturing. He is one of the chosen team to drive Industry 4.0 in Western Digital when the concept started in 2012.
His tenure in Western Digital marked a time where the manufacturing process was through automation and data-driven decision making and relying less on human dependent manual labor. His participation in the Industrial 4.0 core team was instrumental to drive this change across an organization. His team was actively involved creating and implementing artificial modelling to reduce effort spend to find the root cause. This much relieved the engineers to focus more on actual improvement and another task instead of firefighting to find root causes.
In his working experience he was exposed to many real-life case studies in engineering and manufacturing. A part of his career, he has been involved actively in training organization in six sigma, process improvement, analytics and other related subjects for the last seven years. He is well versed in his subject matters and deeply passionate about sharing his knowledge with everyone. As a trainer, he truly understands the need for both quality and analytics and how to make both works supplementing each other to bring organization to the new industrial age.
Beside process improvement and analytics, he has also been actively involved in the ISO standard implementation and audit. He is familiar and working with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO17025. He has been a core tool adviser for IATF16949 during his work experience in automotive semiconductor and precision parts for manufacturing to automotive parts. He has been a risk management advisor for many ISO implementation in a various organization he served and his consulting role later.
In the non-technical area, he has been actively involved in the EICC committee, which later transformed as RBA and Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI). His in-depth knowledge in understanding the manufacturing process, able to translate into the insight on how to comply with the social requirement of the manufacturing process
List of clients:
- ST Micro
- Mitsubishi- include participants from Automotive
We have a faculty of equally talented trainers who can cater to your organisation's specific needs in the event of substitution.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
“Trainer’s presentation style is energetic, positive. Trainer is Fabulous! Thank You.” - Elmi Muhammad Ismail, Production Operations Management, Petronas Malaysia
“Mr. Salim is very comprehensive in providing this training. I totally appreciate his knowledge and wisdom in this course”- Kamarul Johan, Director Emerging EPC Sdn Bhd
“Thank you for sharing your vast experience. I had a really good time learning new things.” - Aida Anuwi, Group HSSE, Petronas
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 4,190.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 3,890.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 3,790.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123