By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify Business Objectives: Determine which data to analyze based on the organization's goals, choose key performance indicators (KPIs), and ask relevant questions to support key business objectives.
- Source and Prepare Data: Survey business teams to identify key sources of data, collect and prepare data from quality, trusted sources, including high-impact and low-complexity data sources.
- Explore Data effectively, gaining insights through critical thinking and intuitive approaches to visual analytics.
- Develop Critical Thinking with data, finding insights and communicating them in a useful and engaging way, and identifying opportunities or risks that impact decision-making.
- Make Decision-Making collaboratively: Act on and share insights for collaborative decision-making, highlighting key insights using informative text and interactive visualizations.
- Apply Data Storytelling Techniques, including story planning, storyboarding, and identifying linkages between data and visuals.
- Identify Storytelling Context and objectives for data storytelling to effectively convey messages.
- Understand The Three Levels of Analytics descriptive analysis (past), predictive analysis (future), and prescriptive analysis (actions).
- Gain an understanding of behavioral science, including its impact on decision-making, user-oriented thinking, and rapid idea generation.
- Write Report Writing with Data: Learn to define the type of data report, tailor content to the target audience, create visually stunning reports, and write content that is concise and clear.
- Maximizing Data through Behavioral Economics: Explore how behavioral economics influences choices and decisions, including concepts such as social proof, loss aversion, framing, and anchoring.
- Understand Analytics in Consumer Context: Understand demographics, customer types (loyal, discount, needs-based, etc.), and factors influencing consumer decisions, including economic, personal, and social aspects.
Who Must Attend
This training is ideal for professionals in various roles, including General Managers, Head of Sales, Head of Customer Service, Marketing Managers, Sales Managers, Call Centre Managers, Sales Consultants, Account Managers, Channel Managers, Customer Service Managers, and Customer Service & Sales Executives.
2 DAYS Program Outline
Module 1: How to make Effective Data-Driven Decision
Step 1: Identify business objectives to determine which date to analyse:
Choose key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics
Questions to ask so your analysis supports key business objectives.
Step 2: Survey business teams for key sources of data: -Short and long term goals
Step 3: Collect and prepare the data you need:
Accessing quality, trusted data
High impact & low complexity data sources
Step 4: View and explore data:
Step 5: Develop insights through Critical thinking:
Intuitive approach of Visual analytics – ask & answer questions of your data
Develop Critical thinking with data
Finding insights and communicating them in a useful, engaging way
Discover opportunities or risks that impact success or problem-solving.
Step 6: Act on and share your insights for collaboration:
Highlight key insights by using informative text and interactive visualizations for collaborative decision making
Using insights take more-informed actions in daily work.
Module 2 : How to turn Data to Stories
• Techniques of data storytelling
• Story planning and storyboarding for the data
• Identify storytelling context and objectives
• Identify linkages between data and visuals
• Present and Review Stories
Module 3: The Three Levels of Analytics
• Descriptive analysis – What happened in the past?
• Predictive analysis – What will/ could happen?
• prescriptive analysis -What should we do?
Module 4: Understanding Behavioral Science
• Study of the emotional and psychological influences on decision making.
• User-oriented, outcome-driven mindset
• Design products and services that create more value for your customers
• Facilitate rapid cycles of idea generation
Module 5 : Report Writing with Data
• Define The Type Of Your Data Report
• Know Your Target Audience
• Be Visually Stunning
• Have Content Sharply Written
• Keep It Simple And Don’t Be Misleading
Module 6: Maximizing data thru behavioral economics
Combine & economics to explore why people make choices & decisions
• loss aversion
• endowment effect
• choice overload
• decoy effect
Module 7: Understanding analytics - People as Consumers
• Understanding Demographics- attitude, beliefs, behaviour, buying pattern, lifestyle
• Types of customers: loyal, discount, needs based, wandering, impulse
• Economic, personal, apathetic shoppers
• Understanding reward options: rational, sensory, social, ego satisfaction
- Small group discussions
- Case studies
- Active summaries
- Q & A sessions
“I wanted to enhance my report writing skills as well as learn how to be very analytical when reading any data. During the course, I learned how an Executive Summary should be written; what info to include and what to exclude, how to write constructive recommendations and conclusion which are direct and straight to the point. I now need to read more samples of good Executive Summary, at least to see and learn the best styles and ways to present my points/reports. This is a great session as it refreshed my Marketing knowledge. Angeline is a good trainer. Her points are so true, valid and honest. I appreciate that. Thank You!”_ Josephine Chai, Senior Marketing Manager of Sabah Tourism Board
“I was really excited to learn how to convert data into strategies. During the course, I learned how to interpret the data in input onto my planning marketing activities. I am able to read data in a new perspective and think out of the box even more. The trainer is able to control the audiences although everyone’s camera were off. Neither was anyone left out or left the sessions!”_ Shirley Ho Assistant Marketing Manager (Singapore/China) of Sabah Tourism Board
“Before attending the course, I was excited to learn about how to maximize the use the existing data provided to us. During the course, I felt that the brainstorming session was great because it opened our eyes to a lot of real life examples which we can use as benchmarks for our upcoming projects and strategies. After the course, I felt more creative and excited to share new ideas to the team and help to contribute to the success of the organization as well as to help in achieving the KPIs.”
“The trainer is experienced and knowledgeable. Dedicated and has taken lots of time to work out the content which fully suit our organization.”_Rachael Tham, Corporate Services Manager of Sabah Tourism Board
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,990.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,490.00 per pax|