First Aid and CPR means the initial technical help delivered to the sick and injured. This aid might seem simple, but it may mean the difference between life and death. Being equipped with knowledge of these techniques is especially pertinent in the context of a world more susceptible to pandemic-related illness and unpredictable weather that makes the risk of injury higher.
This training program provides a crash course on the emergency life support procedures that can be carried out immediately in the event of injury in the workplace. This is a highly hands on training with plenty of practical sessions and life like mock cases to expose participants to emergency scenarios.
• Demonstrate Basic Life Support Steps i.e. CPR and Heimlich Maneuver.
• Demonstrate how to use AED with combination of CPR.
• Manage injury and illness at workplace i.e. Bleeding, Fracture, Burn, Shock, Spinal Injury, Asthmatic Attack, Heart Attack, stroke, soft tissue injuries etc.
• Manage Multiple Casualty Scenario with systematic approach.
• Enable the management to comply with the Legal Provision and DOSH guidelines.
Who Must Attend
• Workplace First Aider.
• OSH Practitioners
• Emergency Response Team (ERT).
• Offshore workers/ operators
• Safety Managers and Personnel.
• HR Managers and Personnel
• Security Managers and Personnel.
• Safety and Health Committee Members.
• Production / Line Managers.
• Engineers / Executive.
• All levels of workers and interested individuals.
1. FIRST AID ESSENTIALS
- Definition & Objectives of First-Aid
- Skill: Monitoring Vital Signs (Level of response, Pulse rate & Breathing rate)
- Secondary Survey (SAMPLE)
- Action at an Emergency
- Telephoning for help
- First-Aid Box
- Casualty Handling
2. CARDIO-PULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR)
- Unconscious (DRSABC)
- Skill: Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (Adult CPR)
- Skill: Recovery Position
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Skill: Mild Choking
- Skill: Severe Choking
4. WOUNDS & BLEEDING
- Skill: Cuts and Abrasion (Dressing)
- Skill: Severe Bleeding (Bandaging)
- Foreign Object in a Cut (Tetanus)
- Skill: Nosebleed
5. BURNS & SCALDS
- Burns & Scalds (Severe, Minor, Chemical)
6. FRACTURE & DISLOCATION
- Skill: Arm Injury (Arm Sling)
- Skill: Leg Injury (Improvised Splint)
7. MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
- Heart Attack
8. SPORT INJURIES
- Strains, Sprains & Bruise (RICE Management)
- Skill: Cramp (Foot / Calf / Thigh)
- - Question & Answer
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
EXAMINATION (Written & CPR)
- Mock exercise
Post-mortem & Dismiss
*Morning Break (1015-1030hrs) & Lunch (1300 -1400hrs)
Interactive lecture session featuring fun, dynamic and highly engaging multimedia presentations with real-scene photography and video clips. Participant-centered practical activities that provide hands-on experience.
Lim Yih Siah [Casrene]
Casrene Lim is a qualified Trainer in St. John Ambulans Malaysia (since 2001) and also a qualified lead auditor for ISO (Since 2012).
She joined the St. John Ambulans Malaysia (SJAM) as a member in 1997 and had served the association actively for the past 24 years. She is also Area Superintendent (Nursing) for SJAM-SDE Kawasan Selangor Barat.
She worked with St. John Ambulans Malaysia – KPS as an Ambulance Attendant in Ambulance Service department for 1 ½ years and Malaysia Airline System Berhad as a Flight Stewardess for 5 years, before she joined SJAM – KPS again as a full time First Aid Trainer.
She had attended the Home Nursing, Advance First Aid Course, Trainers Course and Fire Fighting Training conducted by St John Ambulans Malaysia’s National HQ. She also had attended the Emergency Medical Technician course, Disaster Management Course, Pre-Hospital Trauma Care, CPR & advance Airway management course conducted at HUKM Bandar Tun Razak, Cheras Kuala Lumpur, Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah , Klang & Hospital Sungai Buloh.
She had been attached to Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah, Klang and Hospital UKM, Cheras during her service in SJAM. She is highly involved in stand-by duties during festivals to help in emergencies situations.
Casrene actively conducts First Aid Courses First Aid & Mock Drills Courses for many organisations including IPK Selangor, Petroleum Companies, Universities, Hotels, factories, schools, NGO, Security firm and public (Local and International) in the past.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,990.00 per pax|
|USD 890.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,490.00 per pax|
|USD 730.00 per pax|