-INCREASE your financial literacy & financial vocabulary for business and work
-OBTAIN a competitive edge by understanding the basics principles of accounting and fundamentals of finance and accounting
-EXPOSE yourself to budgetary planning and variance analysis so that you think like an accountant too
-MANAGE cost and increase efficiency of your projects/ departments/ divisions / company or organisation.
-ACQUIRE the skills to detect early warning signs of possible projects or business failure so that you can make wiser decisions
-GRASP and UNDERSTAND useful Financial Tools and techniques required for effective decision making.
-STRESS on the importance of business units in achieving corporate business objective
Who Must Attend
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Managers and Executives from non-accounting department
- Personnel who require accounting knowledge to prepare departmental financial reporting
DAY 1: 9: 00am - 5:00pm
MODULE 1 : ACCOUNTING 101 MADE SIMPLE
- Business Ecosystem - basis of how financial statements are prepared
- Accounting Concepts and Principles
- Easy way to understand Accounting Equation/ Double Entry System/ Accounting Cycle
- Difference between the Finance and Accounting department
- Form of Businesses
- Activity-Group discussion on what accounting seems scary
MODULE 2: HOW BUSINESS UNITS ARE RELATED TO ITS FINANCE ASPECTS
- How to factor in to your department all the financial information and costing to ensure no surprises.
- Human Resources - leave entitlement, leave carried forward, entertainment, petrol and toll limit, employment contract, staff handbook, retrenchment, retirement, resignation, bonus etc.
- Sales & Marketing
- IT, Maintenance & Research and Development
MODULE 3 : FINANCIAL STATEMENTS I NEED TO KNOW
- Balance Sheet / Statement of Financial Position
- Income Statement / Statement of Comprehensive Income
- Cash Flow Statement / Statement of Cash Flows
- Hidden Costs
*Activity: Gamification – Play an improvised Monopoly Finance Game to get it once and for all (Competitive, Interactive and Exciting) *Calculator might be required.
MODULE 4 : BREAK-EVEN ANALYSIS – DID I LOSE MONEY?
- Variable Costs
- Fixed Costs
- Direct Costs
- Indirect Costs
- Break-even point
MODULE 5: MANAGING CASHFLOW WITH CREDIT CONTROL (WHERE IS MY CASH?)
- Main Elements of Working Capital
- Working Capital Cycle
- Control of Cash Flow
- Improving Cash Flow
- Proactive Credit Management
- Customer Management
- Credit Control Policy
- Cash Flow Planning and Projection
*Activity: No pain No gain – Who ‘moved’ my cash?
MODULE 6 : FINANCING – HOW TO RAISE MORE MONEY FOR BUSINESS?
- Purpose of Financing
- Types of Financing
- Debts vs Equity
- Categories of Financing
- Financing from Bank
- Documentation Required
- Cost of Financing
Activity: Case study – To borrow or not to borrow?
DAY 2: 9: 00am - 5:00pm
MODULE 7 : BASICS OF BUDGETING - ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BUDGETING
*Pre-requisite: Laptop & Excel
- Why Budgeting?
- Budget – Definition/ Objectives/ Key Components
- What types of Expenses to be budgeted that I might missed out?
- Budgeting Types (Rolling Budget or Yearly Budget)
- Sample Budgeted Income Statement
- Budgeting Methods/ Principles/ Benefits
- Budgeting Success Factors
MODULE 8 : BUDGETING PROCESS
- Budgeting Process, Steps, Collect Data
- Traditional Budgeting Challenges
- Tips to Make Budgeting Process Easier
MODULE 9 : GETTING YOUR BUDGET APPROVED
- Budget Hierarchy With their Roles
- Annual Budget Approval Process
- Budget Approval - Common Problems & Solutions
MODULE 10 : BUDGETING TIPS AND TRICKS
- Ways to Improve Budgeting
- Technology & Budgeting
- BI Dashboards
- Traditional Budgeting Pitfalls
- Alternative method of Budgeting
- Summary of Main Difference
MODULE 11: MONITORING AND MANAGING BUDGETS
- Budget, Actual, Variance
- Budget vs Forecast
- Budget vs Actual Report vs Forecast
- Sample Reports
*Case Study: Rolling Forecast or Yearly Budget?
MODULE 12: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Types of Variances
- Vertical/Trend Analysis
- Financial Ratios – Introduction
- Liquidity Ratios
- Solvency Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- Activity Ratios
- Financial Ratios – Charts
- Financial Ratios – Benefits
MODULE 13: PUT IT ALL TOGETHER – TEST YOUR SKILLS NOW
- Quick calculator and paper test to check if you’ve understood all concepts
- Case Study & Group Presentation
This Finance for Non Finance Manager's workshop’s methodology is a combination of expert input, interactive practical exercises, self-assessment, lots of hands-on role-play, group discussions, exercise worksheets, practical projects, presentations & creative music
Bachelor of Commerce degree (major in Accounting and Finance)
University of Western Australia
Danny has more than 20 years of corporate working experience in a diverse range of industries from manufacturing, logistics, consulting and trading. His last tenure with Quanterm Logistics is the Head of Finance and Accounts. With more than 20 years of combined professional accounting, auditing and taxation exposure, his expertise covers external audit, financial reporting, accounting, GST, corporate and personal tax compliance.
As an approved GST agent with Ministry of Finance in year 2014, he managed a GST consulting & training business and conducted more than 30 public GST seminars for several chamber of commerce and business associations, magazine publisher, accounting firms as well as providing in-house training workshop for GST-registered businesses.
The training clients that he has served included Klang Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Batu Pahat Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Taiping Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Skudai Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Kluang Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Westport Malaysia, Allied Foodservice Equipment Sdn Bhd, SMR HR Group Sdn Bhd, Nouvelle Hotel KL, KFM Holdings Sdn Bhd, Meca HR Group, Universal Media Publishers (M) Sdn Bhd, YME Engineering Sdn Bhd, Paramount Promenade Sdn Bhd, KSB Malaysia Pumps & Valves, Dynamic Venue Sdn Bhd and Goodman Classic (M) Sdn Bhd.
With his corporate working experiences as an accountant, he can share his accounting and finance knowledge and deliver in a practical, fun and interesting manner. He is now developing a programme using experiential learning method (games based) that allow the participants to have a hand-on experience/activity in learning accounting and finance.
To contact Danny Lim, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628
“The trainer and his delivery was excellent. I’m much more confident now that I have a better understanding on what accounting is all about; especially pertaining to the costing aspect.” – SSM.
“This course taught me the basic and most fundamental lessons on financial management and the co-related topics. I feel so much more confident now that I’ve been well-informed on the details of such an essential subject.”– Regional Manager, Ansell Limited.
“I was uncertain of the financial process before attending this course. I’m happy I’ve gained a wealth of knowledge and understanding on the system of financial reporting during this course. The trainer had excellent knowledge in his field.”– Senior Manager
“I had very little knowledge on how to read financial statement before attending this course and am happy to say that I now understand a lot more about finances after attending this course. I felt the trainer gave us a very clear explanation about accounting.” – Manita, Sapura Industrial Bhd.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,890.00 + 6% SST|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,290.00 + 6% SST|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,190.00 + 6% SST|
(Fee inclusive of Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials & Certificate of Achievement)
Fee is NOT INCLUSIVE of 6% SST
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.