Training needs analysis allows you to directly link the skills needed within the organisation with your current skill level.
This course equips you with the skills required to carry out a training needs analysis. You will be able to make recommendations and implement findings to ensure a good return on your training investment.
After this training needs analysis training course, delegates will be able to:
- Prepare a plan for the identification of current and future training needs.
- Select and use information-gathering techniques effectively.
- Analyse the information to prioritise training needs.
- - Produce a training plan showing solutions, priorities and benefit projections that generates desired ROIs.
Who Must Attend
This course is specially designed for
- Managers and Heads of Department
Training professionals, HR professionals, responsible for identifying, planning and scheduling department
and corporate-wide training.
- Training and HR professionals making decisions on training programs; should we buy or develop?
- Individuals responsible for budgeting, forecasting or justifying training costs
PART 1: APPROACHES TO IDENTIFYING LEARNING NEEDS
Module 1:Identifying Training Needs in Your Organization
- Identifying training needs in a business-driven context
- Linking to corporate vision, strategy, and organizational objectives
- Identifying training needs revealed by business performance shortfall.
Module 2: The Systematic Model for Training Needs Analysis
- Understanding the stages of the systematic training needs analysis model;
–Traditional vs competence-based standards
- Identifying residual, present, and future training needs & standards
PART 2:JOB PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
Module 3: Collecting and Analyzing of Information
-Gather pertinent information requirements for specific job competencies:
- Find out reliable sources of information
- Utilize and adapt survey instruments, questionnaires, interviews, observation.
– Job analysis
- Job description
- Identifying Tasks
- Key results areas
- Task Analysis
PART 3: BEHAVIOUR ANALYSIS
Module 4: Behaviour analysis
Categories of ability
Key learning indicators
PART 4: TRAINING SOLUTIONS * & ROI
Module 5: Developing Solutions
- Appropriate training interventions
- Producing the initial action plan
- Determining priorities
- Identifying ‘achievement windows'
- Defining costs, success criteria, and benefits
- Obtaining evidence
Module 6: Performance Appraisal Scheme
a) Employee self-evaluation as self-reflection on job performance and achievement
b) 360-degree appraisal
Feedback from different stakeholders including line manager, peers, subordinates or direct reports (if applicable), clients, customers, or third-party partnerships.
c) Manager performance appraisal
It comprises tasks like goal setting, progress tracking, quantitative employee rating, one-on-one discussions, and more.
d)Rewards and recognition program as the talent management process
e) Performance improvement plan
Taking steps to trigger a skill-specific performance improvement plan right after the evaluation phase.
Module 7: Preparing Reports
- Structuring written reports and presentations on training needs and priorities
- Writing behavioral objectives
- Using persuasive techniques and follow-up activities to support recommendations
Module 8: Calculating Return on Investment (ROI)
- Techniques of measuring your ROI
- Using ROIs to pitch your proposals
Interactive presentations and practical exercises and presentations
MDM PONMALAR is a PSMB Certified Trainer and a Business Coach with over 17 years of training experience. Malar holds a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Anthropology & Sociology from National University of Malaysia (UKM), a Master’s in Business Administration at University Utara Malaysia (UUM). She is currently pursuing Doctorate in Business Administration at UUM. She is also a member of Malaysian Association of Training Providers(MATPRO), Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming(ABNLP), Certified KPI Professional & Practioner (KPI Institute), Certified Sujok Acupressure Therapist AND PSMB Approved Mentor for SMEs (FIRE Programme).
Malar has held prominent position in various MNCs in Malaysia as a Senior Production Executive, Training Executive, Quality Control Executive and Head of HR and Training Department.
Malar has personally coached and trained employees from Asian countries such as Singapore, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Brunei, Maldives, Mauritius, Cambodia, Middle East(Oman) and Indonesia.
“I came with limited knowledge about TNA before attending this course. This program gave me a more detailed, big picture idea of TNA. After it was done, I felt good and ready to apply the knowledge I received to the company I worked for. The trainer was very good. Had broad knowledge and knew how to engage with the participants.” – Rabiatul Adawiyah binti Kamarudin, PRefChem.
“Before attending this course, I really didn’t know how to keep up with my company’s existing skill matrix and assumed our training needs were just for documentation purpose. This program taught me how to provide meaningful input into my organization's skill matrix and how to analyse training plans more effectively and proactively for the benefit of the employees.
Trainer was very experienced and able to give practical recommendations on how to conduct TNA.” – Chua Kee Shien, PMB Aluminium Sdn Bhd.
“This training impressed on me the importance of TNA to my company and how to practice it. Trainer was energetic and full of information.” – Nur Atina Binti Mohammed Ghazi, Pengerang Refining Sdn Bhd.
“Didn't know anything about TNA before attending this course, but I learned how to properly analyze training needs and prioritize what's urgnet during this course. Learned a lot during these past two days. The trainer was very helpful.” – NUR HAZIEQAH JAMIL, PRefChem.
“Learned the right steps to take in order to conduct a performance analysis during this course. After it was done, I felt confident that I could handle TNA properly at my workplace. The trainer is very experienced and engages with the participants well.” – Nahdatul Izah, Campbell Cheong Chan Sdn Bhd.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,990.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,490.00 per pax|