This Supervisory Development course provides participants with strategies for effective supervision, and the skills and knowledge required to lead a team or work group in a business environment.
The course includes developing plans, providing leadership and supervising the performance of a work team.
This Action Driven supervisory skills training helps participants to make the transition from team member to an efficient supervisor. In order to establish the specific training needs of this Supervisory course, we ask clients the following questions:
- - Who are coming for the supervisor skills training?
- - Why the supervisor should attend? – What is their role and what are their training needs?
- - What kind of skills in pariticular they should receive?
- - When do you plan for the training to be done?
- - Where will the training take place?
- - How long do you want the training to be done? – 2 days - 14 days, 3-6 months?
Who Must Attend
Supervisors to be, supervisors and newly promoted executives
- - Principles of good leadership (Leading Yourself first)
- - Understanding Your Own Leadership style
- - Understanding what makes people tick
- - Discuss What Your Boss, Employees, Peers, and Senior Management Expect from You in Your Supervisory Role
- - Define and Discuss the Four Basic Management Functions: Planning, Organizing, Communicating and Monitoring
MODULE 2: Participating in team planning
- - Identifying strategies for setting goals
- - Discussing and agreeing on goals and responsibilities
- - Identifying resources required
- - Establishing standards of performance required by the team
- - Determining task reporting requirements
MODULE 3: Filling Your Communication Skills Toolbox
- - Discuss Advantages and Disadvantages of One-Way and Two-Way Communication, and When to Use Each
- - Ask Questions That Get the Answers You Need
- - Handling difficult people effectively
MODULE 4: Creating a Motivational Environment
- - How to create a Motivating and Inspiring Environment
- - Discuss How the Behavior Is a Function of Its Consequences
- - Demonstrate Rules for Reinforcing Productive Behavior
- - Explain how to Avoid Common Reinforcement Mistakes
- - Use Delegation as a Motivational Tool
- - Develop a Strategy for Solving a Current Employee Motivational Problem
MODULE 5: Organising and Managing Time Effectively
- - Understand Key Principles of Managing Time Effectively
- - Share Time Management Best Practices
- - Explain How to Avoid Typical Time Wasters
- - Demonstrate Five Stages of Managing Meetings Effectively
- - Select and Prioritize Your Own Next Steps
- - Develop an Action Plan for Continuing Professional Development
MODULE 6: Developing team commitment and co-operation
- - Communicating effectively
- - Encouraging team decision-making
- - Supporting team initiative and interaction
MODULE 7: Managing and monitoring team performance
- - Allocating tasks and responsibilities
- - Negotiating strategies for goal achievement
- - Identifying training needs
- - Negotiating on task timelines
MODULE 8: Participating in and facilitating work teams
- - Reviewing progress against agreed timelines
- - Implementing alternative strategies for task achievement
- - Monitoring and reporting team performance
- - Providing feedback to individual team members
MODULE 9: Giving feedback
- - Demonstrate Giving and Receiving Criticism Constructively
- - Explain How to Minimize Defensiveness in Yourself and Others
- - Specify Your Own Coaching Strengths and Weak Spots
- - Demonstrate a Five-Step Coaching Discussion Model
- - Deliver and Profit from Peer Feedback
Interactive lectures, discussion, Question & Answers
Fellow IMI, MBA, IE (CEI, UK), AAE
Honorary Member of City & Guilds of London Institute, UK
Master Trainer and HR Practitioner
CF Leong has more than 38 years of experience in training and human resources development with a Malaysian Conglomerate company. He conducted the company’s renowned management trainees program for years in building talents for the business. During part of his tenure with the organization, he was directly under the managing director to execute a companywide Change Management program in building a high performance organization from heavy machinery industry, motor car sales and services, car assembly plant to oil and gas industry with a total workforce of more than 5500 employees.
He conducted many company diagnostics in these business environment and recommended solutions for improvements and change. He was seconded as a Human Resources and Training consultant to similar company in China for 7 years. He is an expert in setting up technical training centers for the organization to run vocational education and skill training programs both in Malaysia and in China.
Training programs conducted by CF Leong are:
1. Culture an Organization for High Performance through Change management (2 days)
2. How to Become a Better Sales Negotiator for Business (2 days)
3. Leadership in Managing People (2 days)
4. How to develop a Business Strategy (2 days)
5. Developing a Marketing Strategy (2 days)
6. Building a Growing & Sustainable Organization (2 days)
7. Strategic Business Thinking for Leaders (1 day)
8. Building a Customer Care Organization (2 days)
9. Tips on Excellent Customer Service to drive repeated Sales (2 days)
10. How to Develop a Balanced Scorecard (BSC) for Organizational Performance Measurement (1 day)
11. Professional Selling and Marketing Skills (2 days)
12. Building a sustainable Marketing Enterprise (2 days)
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials & Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
* Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 7896