You promoted your best workers to be new Supervisors. They are excited with the promotion and are motivated to perform better in their new role. But are they equipped with the right skills set? Do they have good leadership skills? Do they have the people's skills to manage others?
Your new supervisors have spent most of their working life up until now following orders but now they are tasked to lead a team. How can they be able to make the smooth transition in their new leadership role?
This Supervisory Development course provides participants with strategies for effective supervision, and the skills and knowledge required to lead a team or work group in a business environment. This course includes developing plans, providing leadership and supervising the performance of a work team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
• Prioritise work and managing their time effectively
• Maintain an organised system to monitor own progress to ensure successful completion of projects/assignments in accordance with given plans
• Build commitment in others for their individual/team objectives
• Hold others accountable for their individual results
• Consistently behave in line with own expressed values and principles
• Communicate effectively
• Manage team performance
Who Must Attend
Supervisors to be, supervisors and newly promoted executives
- - Principles of good leadership (Leading Yourself first)
- - Understanding Your Own Leadership style
- - Understanding what makes people tick
- - Discuss What Your Boss, Employees, Peers, and Senior Management Expect from You in Your Supervisory Role
- - Define and Discuss the Four Basic Management Functions: Planning, Organizing, Communicating and Monitoring
- - Identifying strategies for setting goals
- - Discussing and agreeing on goals and responsibilities
- - Identifying resources required
- - Establishing standards of performance required by the team
- - Determining task reporting requirements
- - Discuss Advantages and Disadvantages of One-Way and Two-Way Communication, and When to Use Each
- - Ask Questions That Get the Answers You Need
- - Handling difficult people effectively
- - How to create a Motivating and Inspiring Environment
- - Discuss How the Behavior Is a Function of Its Consequences
- - Demonstrate Rules for Reinforcing Productive Behavior
- - Explain how to Avoid Common Reinforcement Mistakes
- - Use Delegation as a Motivational Tool
- - Develop a Strategy for Solving a Current Employee Motivational Problem
- - Understand Key Principles of Managing Time Effectively
- - Share Time Management Best Practices
- - Explain How to Avoid Typical Time Wasters
- - Demonstrate Five Stages of Managing Meetings Effectively
- - Select and Prioritize Your Own Next Steps
- - Develop an Action Plan for Continuing Professional Development
- - Communicating effectively
- - Encouraging team decision-making
- - Supporting team initiative and interaction
- - Allocating tasks and responsibilities
- - Negotiating strategies for goal achievement
- - Identifying training needs
- - Negotiating on task timelines
- - Reviewing progress against agreed timelines
- - Implementing alternative strategies for task achievement
- - Monitoring and reporting team performance
- - Providing feedback to individual team members
- - Demonstrate Giving and Receiving Criticism Constructively
- - Explain How to Minimize Defensiveness in Yourself and Others
- - Specify Your Own Coaching Strengths and Weak Spots
- - Demonstrate a Five-Step Coaching Discussion Model
- - Deliver and Profit from Peer Feedback
Interactive lectures, discussion, Question & Answers
Syamsul has been actively in the field of Training/Learning and Development for more than 15 years. He has trained and developed hundreds of people being an in-house trainer/facilitator in various organisations that he had worked with. He always emphasizes that it is the passion for training and educating people that has ignited him to pursue a career in the training and development. With his over 20 year experiences in the field of Human Resources and Industrial Relations Management, his credentials in the training field were gained over the years with passionate and love for knowledge.
He is known of his ability to incorporate his vast knowledge and industrial experience into his training sessions, enabling participants to relate to the subject matter and benefit the best.
He started his career in the Human Resources and Industrial Relations Management way back in the 90’s, for 12 years servicing the National Carrier. He then enhanced his career with couple of Government-Linked companies, LLC as well as rapid growing SMEs.
Passionate in people’s management and development, he became an in-house Licensed Facilitator of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. He further marked his journey in establishing an international collaborated Leadership Programme and won for the Company an international Award for the Asian Region.
Syamsul has great experiences to share with, in the human resources and industrial relations management in both unionised and non-unionised environment, as well as Learning & Development and Human Capital/Talent Management.
Over time, inspired from the 7 Habits programme, he came out with his own programme : ‘Jadi Pro-Aktif, Jadi Positif’ which has enlightened many individuals in various levels in the organisation. Syamsul was a national Rugby player and active in outdoor activities and sports.
To contact Mr Syamsul, please call +6012 6869628 or +603 8074 9056 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials & Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
* Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 7896