This comprehensive training program is designed to equip participants with the knowledge, competencies, and skills needed to develop and implement effective succession planning strategies within organizations. Whether you are a corporate executive, HR professional, or manager, this course will provide valuable insights and practical tools to ensure your organization has a robust leadership pipeline for long-term success.
By the end of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of succession planning and its strategic importance.
- Identify critical positions within the organization.
- Assess and develop high-potential talent for leadership roles.
- Align succession planning with the organization's strategic goals.
- Implement best practices in succession planning.
- Prepare for unexpected leadership transitions.
Who Must Attend
CEOs, Higher Management personnel and other Executives who need to plan for leadership succession.
DAY 1: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Module 1: Introduction to Succession Planning
- What is Succession Planning?
- The Strategic Importance of Succession Planning
- Benefits and Outcomes of Effective Succession Planning
Module 2: Aligning Succession Planning with Strategy
- Linking Succession Planning to Business Strategy
- Strategic Workforce Planning
- Communicating the Strategic Importance of Succession Planning
Module 3: Management Involvement and Leadership
- The Role of Management in Succession Planning
- Leading by Example
- Ensuring Commitment to Succession Planning
Module 4: Best Practices in Succession Planning
- Succession Planning Metrics and KPIs
- Legal and Ethical Considerations
- Common Pitfalls to Avoid
DAY 2: - 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Module 5: Identifying Critical Positions
- Defining Critical Positions
- The Impact of Key Roles on Organizational Success
- Tools for Identifying Critical Positions
Module 6: Talent Assessment and Development
- Identifying High-Potential Talent
- Strategies for Talent Development
- Leadership Competency Frameworks
Module 7: Developing and Adapting Succession Plans
- Creating a Talent Pipeline
- Succession Planning for Emergency Situations
- Reviewing and Updating Succession Plans
Module 8: Communication and Implementation
- Communicating Succession Plans to Employees
- Implementation Techniques and Best Practices
- Feedback and Continuous Improvement
Interactive presentation & input, group discussions, practical exercises, peer and trainer evaluation.
Shah is a corporate trainer, consultant, and writer. He holds a degree in Jurisprudence from the University of Oxford. He is also an HRD Corp certified trainer.
Shah has more than 25 years’ experience in the corporate world. His has served companies in various industries including education, holding companies, financial institution, media, FMCG, oil & gas, manufacturing, and ICT. He has mainly focused on human resources, which includes training, leadership and talent development, process improvement and project management.
Shah has been training since his corporate days as an internal trainer in areas within and outside of the human resources space. Since 2019, Shah has expanded his training experience in areas such as communications skills, leadership, writing skills and managerial skills.
Shah has trained in classroom and online. He has also trained the public and private sector.
We have a faculty of equally talented trainers who can cater to your organisation's specific needs in the event of substitution.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,990.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,490.00 per pax|