First developed by Ford Motor Company in 1987, the 8D Problem Solving Process is a systematic resolution methodology that was specific to the manufacturing sector, but has since been adapted into other areas of business for its emphasis on streamlining quality and reliability.
The key advantage this process offers over others is in its comprehensive structure. Its goal is not to showcase how to better detect and shoot down problems, but rather how to reorient the system around the problem to contain it and institute features that permanently prevent a recurrence. Systemic reforms driven by the zero tolerance for risk and full accountability of “Root Cause Analysis”.
The 8D Problem Solving Process has been beneficial to the auto industry in the thorough implementation of regulations that eliminates failures in product quality and customer safety. Its promotion of open, candid communication creates a workplace culture of precise, team-oriented problem solving that prepares one’s organization for the possibility of another crisis before it becomes evident.
This 1-day program offers a rundown of the key principles at work in the 8D Problem Solving Process and how to implement them in your industry.
- Understanding the purpose and objectives of facet of the 8D Problem Solving Tools and Techniques.
- Understand the phases of the 8D Problem Solving Process.
- Apply the different problem solving tools and principles in the 8D Process.
- Assess systematically in accordance with Root Cause Analysis.
Who Must Attend
SECTION 1: 8D Definition - Overview of 8D Steps
- Terms & Definition
- Application and introduction
SECTION 2: D1 – Introduction of the Team:
SECTION 3: D2 – Describe the Problem
- Ichikawa diagram and Sample of 5M for Fish Bone Diagram
- Team charter method
- Describe problem with 5W,2H
- New 7 QC tools
SECTION 4:D3 - Describe Interim Containment Actions
- Describe the temporary actions to contain the problem and “fix” until permanent correction is in place
- QC Tools
- Sample of Action Plan
SECTION 5: D4 – Describe The Process of Defining & Verifying of Root Causes
- Describe the ‘Escape Point’
- Some Tips to Get Started
- Describe verification and validation method of root cause
- Test on the escape point
SECTION 6: D5 – Describe The Process of Identifying & Verifying Corrective Actions
- Tabulate & describe solutions determined to be the best of all the alternatives
- DMAIC method
SECTION 7: D6 – Describe Action Plan For Corrective Actions
- Corrective action in table format and 5W 2H format
SECTION 8: D7 – Describe How The Problem Can Be Prevented From Recurrence
- Describe what improvements in systems and processes would prevent problem from Recurring
- Poka Yoke method
- Kaizen method and continuous improvement
- Control methodology
- One point lesson
SECTION 9: D8 – Record Recognition Accorded To The Team
- Recognition to the team
- MIEEE (member of Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineer, USA)
- AMIM (Associate Malaysia Institute of Management)
- Bachelor Engineering (USA)
- Certificate Chinese Education (Taiwan)
- Diploma in Science (Malaysia).
Certified HRDF Trainer EMP/0915
+6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
“The trainer has good creativity thinking and able to give examples for better understanding. ” Law Siew Kiong, Shell MDS (M) Sdn Berhad.
“ Trainer is knowledgeable and good at delivering the 8D Problem Solving process information clearly .” Munirah binti Daud, Giesecke & Devrient Malaysia Sdn Bhd
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a e-Certificate of Achievement.
1. Online Payment by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123