Physical classes are available.
This learning covers Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View, 3D Map, Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.
Who Must Attend
Data analysts, business analysts, research professionals, business intelligence executives, finance managers, sales managers who analyze data and use data for future business planning. Such work involves making sense out of data for stakeholder decision making and the related painstaking tasks in extracting information from source. This course prepares the roles above for a shorter turn-around time in extracting, transforming, modeling and analyzing information.
2 Days Training
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION
Course structure & course focus
- The Microsoft Data Platform
- Self-service tools vs traditional systems structure
- Flat files, relational files & database structure
MODULE 2: EXCEL POWER QUERY
- What is Power Query?
- Connecting to data source & importing data
- Creating a new query
- Merging & appending queries
- Combining data from folders
- Automating consolidation of files
- Creating an index
- Changing data types, data format & replacing values
- Merging columns
- Unpivoting & pivoting columns
- Replacing values in columns
MODULE 3: EXCEL POWER PIVOT
- Power Pivot & the Data Model
- Importing data into Power Pivot
- Understanding Power Pivot & Relationships
- Creating Relationships between Tables
MODULE 4: EXPLORING & VISUALIZING DATA IN POWER VIEW
- Power View dashboard design
- Exploring data, creating charts & maps
- Slicing, filtering, highlighting & sorting data
MODULE 5: EXCEL 3D MAPS
- Plotting geographical data
- Creating & visualizing data in 3D Maps- column, bubble, heatmap & region charts
- Adding layers & scenes
- Visualize data over timelines
- Playing & recording the map
- Creating animated map videos
MODULE 6: OVERVIEW OF THE POWER BI DESKTOP & POWER BI SERVICE
- Power BI editions
- Power BI Desktop & Power BI Mobile installation and log-in
- Power BI Desktop screen layout
- Power BI Service screen layout
- Downloading & setting up the Power BI Mobile
MODULE 7: POWER BI DESKTOP'S POWER QUERY EDITOR
- Power Query Editor screen layout
- Extracting, Transforming & Loading data
- Mini project of creating a report from multiple data sources
MODULE 8: DATA MODELLING IN POWER BI
- Relational files & the Data Model in Power BI
- Cardinality, cross-filter direction
Understanding & creating data relationships
MODULE 9: CREATING VISUALIZATIONS IN POWER BI
- Using the Power BI Desktop & web version
- Adding visualizations to the Report Canvas
- Using Data view to sort & format data
- Designing your dashboard & creating column, bar, pie, line graphs, cards, treemaps, matrices, KPIs, tables, geographical maps, ArcGIS maps
- Inserting slicers into the dashboard
- Using inline hierarchies
- Applying filters to dashboards
- Creating desktop & mobile view layouts
- Pinning tiles & live pages
- The Power BI Publisher for Excel
- Pinning Excel elements to Power BI
- Generating Quick Insights
- Using the Q&A feature
- Using App Workspace
- Viewing & annotating pages in Power BI Mobile
“Before attending the course, I felt ready to learn & improve my Excel skills. In the program I learned many methods to work on data in Excel. After the course, I feel I have improved some excel skills. The trainer went above & beyond and share a lot. His training is also easy to understand & very clear.” – Intan Diana, Science officer, ISTIC-UNESCO.
“I felt that I lacked the necessary skills to utilize Excel efficiently. During the course, I learned a lot of different excel functions that could help me in at work. After the 2 days training, I feel like an Excel master.The trainer was very engaging. He answered all my questions and explained them very well.”- Ahmad Safuan, Science officer, ISC ROAP.
“Before attending the course, I thought enough about Excel.On these 2 days course, I learned picked up many different Excel functions. I gained knowledge a lot from the training. The trainer well engaged and knowledgeable.’- Farah Atiqah, Science officer, ISC ROAP.
“I didn’t have too much knowledge about Excel and its functions. By showing up in the 2 days Microsoft Excel course, I feel gained knowledge & discover many things in this application. The trainer was good at explaining.”- Zarmila Salmi, Admin & Finance officer, ISTIC-UNESCO.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,290.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,690.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,490.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a e-Certificate of Achievement.
1.Online Payment- by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123