This is an in-depth 2-day course covering the important functions and tools of Microsoft’s Power BI, a business analytics tool for stunning visuals, extracting, transforming & analyzing data, collaborating & decision making.
This course trains participants to extract data from multiple systems or sources, cleanse data, combine data, connect data, build visualizations (dashboards), publish visualizations, managed the datasets, reports & dashboards in workspaces using Power BI web version and Power BI Desktop version.
Who Must Attend
Data miners, data analysts, business intelligence executives, project managers, revenue managers, finance managers, journalists & those who are performing roles related to data mining, data analysis, data preparation for end-reports, reconciliations, data cleansing, appending & merging files of multiple systems, creating and publishing dashboards and making informed decisions from company data.
This course is suitable for participants who are intermediate Excel users or above.
MODULE 1 : OVERVIEW ON IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF POWER BI
- Understanding the multiple data sources under ‘Get Data’
- Dashboards, reports & datasets in Workspace
The Report view, Data view & Relationship view on Power BI Desktop
MODULE 2 : USING THE QUERY EDITOR IN POWER BI
- Understanding ETL- Extract, Transform & Load
- Getting data from data sources
- Merging, Appending, Combining Files
- Removing rows & columns
- Replacing values in columns
- Pivoting & unpivoting data
- Formatting data in columns
- Merging columns
- Creating customized columns
- Indexing columns
Inserting calculations in columns
MODULE 3 : CREATING VISUALIZATIONS IN POWER BI
- Using the Power BI Desktop & Power BI Service
- Adding visualizations to the Report Canvas
- Using Data view to sort & format data
- Designing your dashboard & creating column, bar, pie, line graphs, cards, matrices, KPIs, tables, geographical maps, ArcGIS maps
- Inserting slicers into the dashboard
- Using inline hierarchies
- Applying filters to dashboards
- Creating desktop & mobile view layouts
- Pinning tiles & live pages
- The Power BI Publisher for Excel
- Pinning Excel elements to Power BI
- Generating Quick Insights
- Using the Q&A feature
- Using App Workspace
- Publishing an App
- Creating QR codes
- Sharing reports on SharePoint
- Downloading & setting up the Power BI Mobile
- Viewing & annotating pages in Power BI Mobile
MODULE 4 : DATA MODELLING IN POWER BI
- Relational files & the Data Model in Power BI
- Understanding & creating data relationships
MODULE 5 : USING DAX IN POWER BI
- Creating a calculated column
- Using Measures
- Using New Quick Measures
- SUM, SUMX, CALCULATED, &&, RELATED, FILTER
Participants work on datasets ranging from conventional data to big data during the 2-day training. They undergo strict step-by-step instruction-led coaching to achieve the intended outcome of each dataset for each of the course modules.
This course covers the installation of Power BI Desktop.
Required setup: Power BI Desktop, web browser, Excel 2016, email address from a company domain (not free email accounts from gmail or yahoo), broadband access.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,790.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,090.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,990.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a E-Certificate of Achievement.
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123