Comprehension and grammar are essential indicators of one’s professionalism in the workplace. You ignore them at your peril.
Fewer things are more embarrassing than sharing your report around the conference table with everyone and noticing glaring mistakes in your English. At best, you may be flustered. At worst, discredited. It's a risky gaffe just not worth the trouble.
This workshop offers a rundown on the principles at work behind excellent spoken and written Business English.
By the end of this Business English training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basics of English grammar.
- Have a better command of verbs, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions and conjunctions.
- Be ready to discard with confidence many outmoded writing conventions.
- Use grammar to help develop the skill of writing in a simple and businesslike manner.
- Spell better.
- Use punctuation correctly.
-form grammatically correct sentences for emails and letter writing
-pronounce commonly mispronounced words correctly
-communication more confidently in English
Who Must Attend
Please note that this course is designed for native or non-native English speakers or those with a very grasp of the language wanting to understand how English grammar works.
Basic sentence construction
- Subjects and objects
- Nouns, pronouns and verbs
- Adverbs and adjectives
- Capital letters and full stops
- Commas, colons and semi-colons
- Punctuation rules
The structure of English
- Structuring sentences
- Phrases and clauses
- Subject and verb agreement
- Linking ideas
- Using different conjunctions
- Problems and solutions
- Using different tenses
- Correct use of tense
- The passive and active tense
Apostrophes and plurals
- Before the S
- After the S
- Concise and succinct sentences
- Using descriptive sentences
- When to use different styles
Tips and tricks
- Avoiding common grammatical mistakes
- verb tenses
- the double negative
- double comparatives and superlatives
- pronoun case
- relative pronouns
- the stranded preposition
- Commonly confused and misused words
Proofing your work
- How to spot mistakes
- Correcting your own work
- Managing phone calls
- Giving and following instructions
- Listening Skills
- Improving pronunciation
Certificates of achievement are awarded to those delegates who have satisfactorily completed and passed at least 75% of a course.
Extensive handouts will be provided during the workshop, before and after the course.
This Business English workshop’s 90% practical based. There will be a combination of expert input, interactive practical exercises, group discussions, exercise worksheets and role plays.
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123